Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153606

I wanted a Z&F remap but having read the posts it sounds like my F VIN 520798 is too early.
Do I have other options, I am down in Spain so don't have access to a rolling road. I am fitting a 52 TB and MS backbox in December. Any suggestions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153607

I am not sure what the cross over for VIN numbers is but I assume your car is a mk1 with MEMs 2.0 ECU.
What year is the car?
Does it have any of the following - black windscreen surround, analogue mileometer, no speakers in the T bar, only one speaker and no tweeter in the door cards, VVC stamped on the inlet manifold if it is a VVC - there are other differences but these are the main ones.

It is possible to change to the later MEMS 3 ecu but it is quite complicated and expensive.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153608

I have a mk1 VVC and just changing the induction and throttle bod made a big difference.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153613

Its not a VVC the registration is August 2000 and its LHD. All the specs you describe wind shield surround and speakers are MK 11 just as you have said, I wont be able to check the ECU till I get out there next month.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153614

I cant wait I am also having a trophy front spoiler to stop it flapping about.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153615

I cant wait I am also having a trophy front spoiler to stop it flapping about.

Defiantly an improvement, ours used to wander on French AutoRoute speeds, after fitting a trophy front spoiler it was happy on German autobahns.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153618

Sorry what I meant was I have the speakers in the T bar and doors also body coloured windshield surround which as I understand is a MK11 but the Vin number looks early I hope that maybe the LHDs got the later MEMs3 I will soon know.
BTW I am I right in assuming a good 4-2-1 manifold would give a better BHP gain than a cold air induction. Not that I am looking for big BHP gains.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153645

To be fair a sports manifold and down pipe fitted to a sports cat and back box is a good start to letting the engine breath better and gettin the exhaust gasses out fast but add a good quality induction kit witha proper cold air feed will aid engine breathing even more.

But don't just rip out your air box and slap an air filter in the throttle body as you will lose performance due to engine just sucking in hot air.

Also I've read some where that fitting a Tf airbox with a k and n panel filter actually improves air flow more so than an induction kit but I'm sure some one elseknow more about that one than me ...

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153665

The first Mk2 MGF was VIN 511079 the first mark 2 car that was fitted with MEMS3 was VIN 522572

520798 a Mk2 120ps Mpi manual, LHD, but built for the home market, it is Old English White with an Ash/Grey interior and was 62561st MGF to be built (including pre-production) was Born on 22nd June 2000 at 15.39pm.

Hope this helps?

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153671

Thanks for that yes spot on, so I guess I wont be able to get a remap.

ECU 9 years 4 months ago #153699

That is some in depth info very interesting read how is that sort of stuff obtainable??

The first Mk2 MGF was VIN 511079 the first mark 2 car that was fitted with MEMS3 was VIN 522572

520798 a Mk2 120ps Mpi manual, LHD, but built for the home market, it is Old English White with an Ash/Grey interior and was 62561st MGF to be built (including pre-production) was Born on 22nd June 2000 at 15.39pm.

Hope this helps?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT