Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Oh Dear 9 years 4 months ago #153611

What, like the olden days when you just bunged a hosepipe in and ran it through??

Yes,

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Oh Dear 9 years 4 months ago #153612

What, like the olden days when you just bunged a hosepipe in and ran it through??

I've also heard that some guys put a dishwasher tablet in and run that for a while too. Anyone??

Isn't that to clear oil, not sure it would work with K seal etc,

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Oh Dear 9 years 4 months ago #153616

You wont shift K seal with water alone, its almost like grease, I bought my car with headgasket failure and brand new metal coolant pipes and an engine heavily dosed on k seal because the metal pipes were new and I had another rad to fit I connected a pump to the pipes and used water as hot as I could get mixed with a dishwasher tablet and fairy liquid and left it pumping round for hours, the pipes still have a slight greasy feel to them luckily I have changed most of the coolant pipes but when the engine gets fired up the heater matrix will need cleaning and will gundge up the header tank etc,so this will mean running it with water and some sort of coolant flush then several flushes if I am lucky, only glad the engine I've just fitted wasn't the one with k seal in!
All the brown staining above the exhaust ports and down the front of the block is k seal and that nice coppery looking coolant elbow, its going to be part of the fun of rebuilding this motor.....

Oh Dear 9 years 3 months ago #154324

• Bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Update to my :hgf:

Russell has been and fixed my car so I'm very happy :woohoo:

He's a great guy as I'm sure most folks on here know,and I couldn't believe how fast he changed my gasket.He did have more than a little help from his son but it took less than three hours :omg: .My ZT's gasket was done recently in the local garage it took three weeks :lol:
He was thoroughly proficient and professional just as advertised by the members on this wonderful forum.
Thank you MG Rover Solutions. :beer:

I can't wait to get out and about in my TF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars, KentJohn, Blow-in

Oh Dear 9 years 3 months ago #154447

Glad to hear it Bob, Russel came to Cornwall, not sure if he'll come again, I might have to kidnap him. Did a great job for me.

Ref removing any oily sludge from the system I've tried all sorts and I mean all sorts and the only thing that worked for me was the stuff below. You will not believe what this stuff can do. Anybody trying to remove any sludge and oil and that goes for removing old anti freeze try this. It even cleans the header tank to like new.

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/671/bardahl-radiator-oil-remover

Tone
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT