Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Upgrading from MEMS 2 to MEMS 3 9 years 4 months ago #153533

but with a twist.

I am contemplating going from 2 to 3 BUT I want to retain the MEMS2 inlet manifold as I like the VVC embossed on it.

I understand the main difference is the air pressure sensor and as luck would have it I have a 160 manifold in the shed.

Any thoughts?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Upgrading from MEMS 2 to MEMS 3 9 years 4 months ago #153562

This is something I would like to do as well but my distance from any used parts supply and the fact that my MGF is my daily driver makes it difficult.
Please keep a good record of the project and the parts needed.

According to Z&T, MG Lifestyle are doing the conversions. That would probably be the best route for me,
A kit of parts from MG Lifestyle and a remap by Z&T. :broon: The only catch doing it that way would be the cost! (As always :slapme: )

Upgrading from MEMS 2 to MEMS 3 9 years 4 months ago #153652

Rich, Z&T can do a re-map by post, you send them your ECU. Speak to Steve or Chris at MG Lifestyle and see what they say, they are very flexible. :yesnod:

Upgrading from MEMS 2 to MEMS 3 9 years 4 months ago #153659

If I do it the first run will be a run to Silverstone for a live sesion with Z&T.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Upgrading from MEMS 2 to MEMS 3 9 years 4 months ago #153666

Rich, Z&T can do a re-map by post, you send them your ECU. Speak to Steve or Chris at MG Lifestyle and see what they say, they are very flexible. :yesnod:

Bryan, my car is a Mk1 VVC, so MEMS2j. I would need to have someone (MG Lifestyle perhaps) do me up a kit of parts then forward the ECU to Z&T for a re-map, then back to UPS to ship to me in far-off Canada. My guess is that it would set me back a couple of thousand dollars all told. :pinch:
Ideally it would be nice if the engine harness could be made up to plug into the existing ECU plugs to save a whole lot of splicing and soldering. (I can certainly do splicing and soldering but it sure would be neater in a plug-and-play configuration. I should compare wiring diagrams.

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT