Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Front wing fitting. 9 years 4 months ago #153415

Hi, is it possible to replace a front wing without removing the front bumper or light on a TF.
Having had a few run ins with rusty bolts on the subframe, I would prefer to lessen the number of sheared bolts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Front wing fitting. 9 years 4 months ago #153431

Don't think so, sorry. I had the bumper & light out of mine when I did the wing anyway but I believe there's at least one bolt at the front which needs the bumper off.

Someone who knows more than me will be along shortly though...
The following user(s) said Thank You: john and Jake the dog

Front wing fitting. 9 years 4 months ago #153440

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Have a look here http://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/22-cjj-s-guides/91234-how-to-remove-the-front-wings

It is the front 2 bolts under the wheel arch that will be difficult to undo with the bumper on.

No need to remove the headlight, but the wheel arch liner will have to come out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: john and Jake the dog

Front wing fitting. 9 years 4 months ago #153445

Thanks .I'll take the wheel off and the liner out and have a rake around.

Front wing fitting. 9 years 4 months ago #153455

I would take the bumper off, not difficult, unlike subframe bolts removal. :woohoo:

Front wing fitting. 9 years 4 months ago #153506

Hi, managed to remove said wing. If you are scrapping the wing, then it is possible to remove it without removing the bumper. I cut the wing at the front bumper join and undid the other easy bolts and the wing fell off.Then remove the two scews securing the bumper to the cut front bracket and the awkward bolt behind the head light is visible and can be socketed. The remains of the wing,bracket , is now off.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT