Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Starter problem - solenoid switch? 9 years 4 months ago #153413

Dear guys,
fitted a new starter about two years ago, worked fine all the times - till now.
Since a few weeks our TF sometimes clicks only and doesn't start. Today I had to try ten minutes to start it.
It happens if the engine is cold or hot, even after a longer run.
Sounds like the solenoid switch doesn't work.
I'm planning to change the starter once more as it's not too expensive. Any other ideas?
Thank you in advance
Christof
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Starter problem - solenoid switch? 9 years 4 months ago #153417

possibly alternator faulty not charging battery causing the starter to run slow or just click.....or dodgy battery,or maybe its a slipping alternator belt......a lot of batteries are renewed this time of year .......it sounds like you need to do a bit of investigation :tapfoot:

Starter problem - solenoid switch? 9 years 4 months ago #153427

Ive posted this on another thread earlier but anyway I had a similar issue but most of the time when I turned the key there was either clicking or nuthing at all . The ignition lights come on and do not dim when you turn the key to start.

turned out to be a duff spade connector on the solnoid of the starter . I replaced the duff connecter with a new one and cleaned up the male terminal on the solnoid and while I was at it cleaned up the large starter wire connection and all has been fine since.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bryan young

Starter problem - solenoid switch? 9 years 4 months ago #153453

Exactly what CR41G has said, Also worth checking the ends/connections of the earth lead between the gearbox and bulkhead for fraying or dirty connections.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT