Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153134

My red TF which i have posted about prior as not left our unit since October 2013.The 60 plate TF i bought damaged as had most of its parts donored over and we simply dont use as its not finished .
All engine numbers have been changed with dvla and the vehicle registered sorn.
I have recieved a letter from dvla enforcement claiming the car was spotted in ANLABY ROAD, HULL on 20 10 2014 being used on the road.
Somebody is either driving a stolen red MGTF or dodging paying road tax by most likely visiting our website where the car is pictured and doubling the plates up not knowing the vehicle was registered SORN.
The registration is VA52 VHC as anybody up north seen it or had a red tf pinched?

Tried ringing DVLA enforcement to explain the situation possibly the rudest useless unhelpful idiot i spoke to this year who would say it must be in writing i have to terminate the call if you are not making a payment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153136

Is this a consequence of not having to display a tax disc? Just clone an honest person's number plate on to a similar car. No need to worry about MOTs or insurance.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153137

This is exactly what I thought would happen with no tax discs having to be displayed. I jokingly suggested to work colleagues that our company could save a small fortune when the tax disc was abolished. We have seven different coloured delivery vans. Clone the number plate for each different colour & Bob's your uncle - no RFT for 350+ vehicles!

If only it were that easy :clap:
This isn't a dress rehearsal, this is LIFE, enjoy!!

We will all be green one day.

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153139

I have not drove any of my mgfs or mgtfs this year,i use the 4 door or my van,Billy the german shepard comes most places with me.Only the panther springs to mind when i bought it and drove it back from Oxford. The red TF as no Mot either.
Having taxed my bmw cabriolet the wifes MG3 me daughters car,my evo,work vans and the company MGZR me brother uses i like to think i contributed to the system.

So it is stupid there is nobody at DVLA to liase with when you have this problem because after spending thousands in road tax every year they find you guilty until appeal that you was stupid enough to drive a car with no mot or road tax partially stripped down in the unit up to hull for the sake of whatever the tax is about £125.00 because you couldnt be bothered to take the Evo you just paid £275.00 to tax for six months.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153143

I wish that one could say they were surprised but sadly that cannot be the case. The ones whom work at "Sheep Central" are secure in the knowledge that no matter how badly they perform their job they are safe and will get a nice little inflation linked pension. It matters not just how many cock ups they make or even how little they actaully know about the job they are supposed to be doing it's OK they are safe and employed for the term.

The system is designed to collect fines and nothing will interefere with that not the truth nor the facts. Innocent until proven guilty went out the window years ago. If accused your guilty so pay up. If you go the court the first thing you have to do is fill in a form to say how much in fines you can afford.

Your at court so your guilty ....................................... pay up!

That is the system in the Modern britian today ...................................... Velkom to da State Comrad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT MG SPARES LTD

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153145

According to the dvla website

You can only get a number plate made up from a registered number plate supplier.

Postcode lookup
Enter a UK postcode Find
Further information
The supplier will need to see original documents that:

prove your identity (eg your passport)
show you’re entitled to the registration number (eg the V5 vehicle registration certificate)

Yeah right! Do a Google search for number plate maker and 100s come back.

Seems to me that all someone has to do is find a similar year, model and colour car to theirs, get the plate made up with that number and drive their car for ever with no tax and probably no mot or insurance. As long as the originating vehicle is kept taxed, mot'd and insured and they don't have an accident or commit an offence, they're not going tO get caught.

What seemed like a good idea to get rid of tax discs now seems to have opened up a can of criminality worms.....

Or am I not understanding this?
Robin ;)

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153157

Yep you got it about right. I even said to Mother perhaps I should just get two sets of plates for my F's and just put a set on when we want to use it. just have the one covered and voila........ of course one is Green and the other Blue so perhaps a re-spray ........................... :P :hgf:

I know the hassle a cloned car can be as my Citreon BX TZD had been. Three court appearances but luckily for me I could prove it was not mine each time as I could prove where mine was each time and it was not commiting the offence they claimed. hassle and cost though each time. Wonder what happened after nice white van man totaled mine????

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153161

Hopefully there is some useful information on this site. .

The main point I think is to report the crime to the police let them sort it. Sorry for your stress
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, GT MG SPARES LTD

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153162

The desk sergeant at the local police station wasnt interested did a Quick PNC which came up clean and said i would need to write in to dvla Who then might put a marker on the plate,i thought that was the polices job.
Wrote a letter to DVLA last night explaining the above so hopefully it will get corrected.

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153222

Hopefully there is some useful information on this site. .

The main point I think is to report the crime to the police let them sort it. Sorry for your stress

Sorry but your living in the past. The Police are not interested.

Red TF with ghost number plates. 9 years 4 months ago #153416

You will have to update us with that the sheep lovers say mate . My mate had this with his fiesta zetec s police came to his house to arrest him for leaving the scene of a traffic collision .. only realised his car had been cloned when they saw it parked on the drive un marked but still went to his work the next day ro view the cctv to prove his car was at work when the accident occured

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT