Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152642

• pgew's Avatar Topic Author
  • pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I found the 160 has nothing there when putting my foot down and intend to get a remap. My experience, along with everyone else, is that the 160 keeps going after about 4k revs, but lacks grunt from the off. I'd love to hear from anyone with experience if the remap provides much better torque from the lights, and what else it does and doesn't (Z&F will be the remappers by the way, of course)...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152648

• KentJohn
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Rediscovering driving
Hi pgew,

My experience is that the remap certainly makes for a much smoother power curve across the rev range, but I didn't experience a lack of grunt below 4k as you describe prior to remap. Are you sure that the basics have been covered - spark plugs and coils firing consistently, no air leaks in the manifolds etc.
The remap also gives a lovely burble and pop if you request it from Mark at Z&F - especially good if you have a stainless steel aftermarket exhaust! Enjoy! :woohoo:
Life is not a rehearsal - carpe diem!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pgew

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152650

I would get it checked out first before booking a remap, it sounds like you have an issue which a remap probably wouldn't solve, getting a code reader on it would be a good starting point.

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152699

The 160 torque starts at 2200rpm and at 2500rpm it is making 85% of its torque so there must be some thing wrong
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152700

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thank you guys. I obviously need to have it looked at first. Adam has invested in an analyser so that will probably be first call. It could be my lead foot to blame of course, but there doesn't seem to be a 'how to' for melting down lead boots?

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152703

Hi again
I have a 04 VVC and 3 months ago my cam sensor was playing up as VVCs are quite sensitive to there cam sensors
and it is an easy fix one 6mm spanner is all that is needed and a new sensor :broon:

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152709

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks for that - did that on my 135 and it was as easy as you say - after the 14 bolts for the cover, that is!

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152715

I'll bring my Pscan.eu unit over one day/eve and we can see if anything shows up!

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152719

There is something wrong!! a re-map will improve the power curve and make acceleration smoother, but won't solve the lack of low down power you report. :oops:

Remap 9 years 4 months ago #152729

Just to let you know the cam sensor is on the other side to the 18i on a VVC

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT