Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG TF Thermostat 9 years 5 months ago #152159

Ok I stupidly decided to check the Thermostat whilst waiting for the Hose to arrive from Supplier to make sure it opens properly, Now I know why I should,ve left it alone 4hrs later arm cut to pieces the thermostat starts opening at about 90 degrees, maybe a little high please let me know if it ,s to high. Drilled a 3mm hole just for good measure seems to be general consensus of opinion, thermostat back in it,s housing, but here lies the problem When I removed the housing from the locating hole found an "O" ring which I assume seals the housing to the pump outlet cant for the life of me see how to fit it to reinstall it checked manual not a lot of help, any ideas??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG TF Thermostat 9 years 5 months ago #152165

it would appear the reason I cant find where to put said "O" ring is because the ends missing off the housing so ive ordered another one any tips on its replacement would be gratefully received.

MG TF Thermostat 9 years 5 months ago #152170

There are 3 'O' rings in the thermostat housing in total, one between the front half of the thermostat and the engine block, one between the 2 halfs of the thermostat and one between the steel coolant pipe and the outer half of the thermostat housing.

A smear of marine grease on and around the 'O' rings will help fitting.

Brian.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

MG TF Thermostat 9 years 5 months ago #152190

any tips on its replacement would be gratefully received.

Thermostat (PRT) Pressure Relief - Replacement guide.
Thermostat replacement guide - Replacement guide.
Thermostat replacement pre 2002. - Thermostat replacement, older type, pre 2002.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT