Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152076

HELP!!!
Again Please wifes MGTF Stepspeed split a hose and it,s apparently no longer available tried everyone for this Hose NUMBER PEH 101740 which is on the left hand side at rhe rear of the engine it has a split on the "T" piece. It is an absolute dogs ear of an idea but the question is,has anybody come up with this and how did you get over it PLEASE apparently the manual Hose is different according to several parts comapanies.

Oh!!! biggest problem shes using my MGF WHILE HERS IS OFF THE ROAD (NOT GOOD for my nerves)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Y7GAS. Reason: spelling mistakes

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152080

Could you maybe replace just the t-piece part with something like this from a R75?:

ROVER COOLANT T-PIECE

The following user(s) said Thank You: Y7GAS

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152081

not a bad idea although if the hose has split there is it on its way out any way.

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152082

The parts catalogue does give 3 different part numbers for this hose for manual mpi. vvc, and stepspeed. The auto is NLA and although VVC and mpi are different part numbers and prices the hoses look identical. I can't see any reason why the hoses would need to be different TBH. I would buy one of these
The other alternative is to swap to the much simpler TF hose setup. This replaces this spaghetti junction with a 4 way t piece.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152083

Concept Racing will make you an all aluminum Tee...

The replicated all of my nylon ones in Aluminum

Speak to Bob or Claire

http://www.conceptracing.co.uk/
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152085

I had this failure last year and it was caused by an internal reinforcing ring slipping out of the junction area and lodging in the end of the bigger metal engine coolant pipe! This simultaneously weakened the joint area and caused a partial blockage causing a pressure build up. Hey presto! burst hose... :rant:
David

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152086

What David said. I had to change mine last week and it looks identical part number was PEH 100790 there is an updated one with a different part number which also looks identical but is more expensive. I went for the PEH 100790 and it fitted fine (2002 135)

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152092

Hi many thanks for the reply apparently the stepspeed has a longer hose because of the auto box so it clears it gonna try to get a "t" piece like the other guy said off to rover dealer now Fingers crossed.

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152094

Nothing to stop you adding a short length to a standard hose set up.:shrug:
David

MG TF HOSE PEH101740 9 years 5 months ago #152095

At least it's a temporary fix till you can find the right pipe eh.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT