Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151600

So i went back down to the bodyshop today to finish bolting everything back on my car that i took off yesterday. To quote Mr Leigh Ping: 5 minute job. :)

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves

notice anything wrong?

how about now?

I have just emailed Direnza directly to establish whether or not the position of this mounting point is intentional or not and am awaiting their reply.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151603

:oops:
David
:shrug:

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151604

That's never right. :nonod:

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151605

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Looks a billy bodge to me.

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151607

I bet Diesel Destroyer would make it fit! :yesnod:

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151608

If needs must i can make it fit, however just received the following reply from customer services at Direnza:

Hi Gareth,

Very sorry to hear this, would you be able to provide further info on the fitting issue of this item, the full spec of the vehicle you are fitting this to and if possible provide pictures of the fitting issue.

We are more than happy to have the issue resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards
Robert Farrand
Sales Manager

sent them the pics used here and fingers crossed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151613

.... would you be able to provide further info on the fitting issue of this item,....[/i]

Yeah it don't fit!
Unless it's made of that new stretchy aluminium, then it might!

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151639

update from Direnza:

Thank you for your email

If you are able to make slight modifications to make it fit we are happy to look at covering some of the cost if you are able to get a quote before the work or we are happy to accept the item back for a refund.

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151641

update from Direnza:

Thank you for your email

If you are able to make slight modifications to make it fit we are happy to look at covering some of the cost if you are able to get a quote before the work or we are happy to accept the item back for a refund.

Could you give them the dimensions of the misaligned spigots and the dimensions of the original rad and ask them to check with other TF rads they have in stock? If it's only the one supplied to you that's wrong then get it swapped, if they are all the same get a refund and get one from somewhere else, i.e. Mike Satur, It's a shame to butcher up the slam panel for someone else's mistake!

Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151644

You should do your measurements from the center of one spigot to the center of the other, assuming the spigots are true parallel, there is an easy way to do this, you take the measurement from the outside edge of the first spigot to the inside edge of the other, that will be the same spacing as center to center.
Use the same method to measure the distance between the locating hole centers in the slam panel.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151650

Thanks for the all the replies, I have replied to Direnza and I am hoping that my rad was just part of a rogue batch and it can just be exchanged. The Direnza website is currently showing these radiators out of stock. The other problem I could potentially have, is that while they have offered me a full refund, I bought the radiator on Ebay from a 3rd party vendor (the radiator was brand new and hadn't been used, but it's something they are unaware of) and that as a result when they do find out i might not get any refund at all. Waiting to see what reply i get from my latest email.

Direnza Radiators 9 years 6 months ago #151651

Should you not take this up with the ebay vendor? :-?
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT