Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF brakes 9 years 7 months ago #148998

I purchased my 1.6 Mgf (2001) last month. (replacement for my 1972 Mg Bgt which I sold last year - couldn`t resist a return to the logo -and a bit of fun) Also couldn`t resist the price I paid for the "F". Bit of minor refurbishment - exhaust / service etc and off it went. Few miles the gearbox loosened up and going well. Now has a strange fault has developed.

After a short run all four wheels lock up.All calipers / pistons etc. working as should. Replacement ABS pump fitted - no difference - warning light operating as normal - however if pressure released via vacuum feed to servo or via hydraulic system all brakes free off. ABS pump been checked out and working. Looks like pressure building up in system =- and not releasing. Driving my mechanic nuts.(And I want to use the car)

First post - any thoughts guys.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF brakes 9 years 7 months ago #149001

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Hi. Way back in the distant past, servo's were fitted with filters. Blocked filter would give the symptoms you describe sometimes as the servo diaphragm could not equalise and release.

Maybe a duff servo?
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandl

MGF brakes 9 years 7 months ago #149014

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hi. Way back in the distant past, servo's were fitted with filters. Blocked filter would give the symptoms you describe sometimes as the servo diaphragm could not equalise and release.

Maybe a duff servo?

I'm thinking along similar lines, or possibly the vacuum lines have been crossed.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

MGF brakes 9 years 7 months ago #149016

Hi :welcome2:
Servo for me too.
David
:shrug:

Re:MGF brakes 9 years 7 months ago #149023