Topic

VVC Explained 9 years 7 months ago #147616

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
The VVC engine explained

Thanks to cjj for posting a link on the other side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, Davem, GT MG SPARES LTD, HarryH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VVC Explained 9 years 7 months ago #147617

Common misconception is the VVC is better for higher power.. Where in fact most pro builders then ditch the VVC and go to solid cams as they can rev higher..

VVC good for 180/190 bhp.. But if ya wanna make 200+ then VVC blanking kit and solid cams..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

VVC Explained 9 years 7 months ago #147618

Enjoyed watching that thanks Paul.
The 200vi I used to have many years ago broke and it was the VVC mechanism that failed damaging the engine.I asked what was the cause and the mechanic who fixed it said something fell off the VVC mechanism.Looking at the video I think it was perhaps one of the two wheels that are used for the timing of the valve cam.It cost me £1200 to have repaired :omg:
Despite that I love the VVC engine it's been in five of my last six cars :broon:

VVC Explained 9 years 7 months ago #147619

All my MGFs/TFs have been VVC It makes it a better road car
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

VVC Explained 9 years 7 months ago #147620

Have drove all engine forms in the k series.The 145 vvc and 160 vvc seem to rev more responsive than the 1.8 mpi cant tell the difference between the 15 horses on the vvc .
The 1.8 mpi is obviously a touch more laboured except in the series 1 Elise but still responsiive enough for the average road user.
Toyota perfected the ZZ vvc engine in the series 2 elise.

The average mgf or tf (road use owner )doesnt have the thousands or probably the inclination of where to start to build a race engine. If they wanted a 200bhp cabriolet min £1000 for a decent mgf then at least £3500 to £5000 for the engine,it doesnt add up to most ,not with some of the factory built M3 and Mercs available for the same sort of price. For a cheap bit of summer fun most pluck for the vvc if it comes down to the wanting the quickest of the two.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD. Reason: Elise sprung to mind
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT