Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 8 months ago #147505

Next you will be wiring your fogs to come on when you turn the steering wheel. :nonod:

Now that is annoying.

Totally agree Clive.. Hate that on some new cars... Why!?
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 8 months ago #147507

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 8 months ago #147510

also.. my original SAAB 900 had an extra slot in the main fuse box for DRLs.

depending on market, the fuse would be added. UK spec cars needed the fuse after delivery, and presto! DRLs :lol:

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147520

Maybe on for David (Fatboldingoldgit)
I'm after a controller for my DRLs that will dim the light output when the indicators are on..
Anyone?

Sorry Allan..not been on here for a while...that Hids4u controller has been out of stock for months.....I tried to buy one when I was doing my DRLs..and yes it did dim the appropriate DRL when flashing...which is what I wanted initially. The one that is in stock now switches the DRL off completely. I know they were having problems sourcing the dimming version.

I was forced to go with an alternate that flashes the appropriate DRL with the indicator and actually have found it very effective...couple of occasions it's saved me being banged into by some numpty (not the same on both occasions) who must be used to not seeing indicators being used..seeing as how they appear to be optional these days!

Although they are technically illegal coz they flash white with the amber indicators my MOT man (who I was due to see today but his ramp is temporarily buggered) has said he will pass them with an advisory...in all honesty I think they vastly enhance the piddly TF indicators..the DRLs themselves make me more noticeable in good light when hammering down the motorway avoiding the middle lane cruisers who tend to suddenly decide they should be in my lane!

Also there are different rules for DRLs as fitted standard and for after market fitments.

If you are looking for a completely unambiguously legal DRL controller I would go with the Hids4u version..I haven't been able to locate one that just dims the DRLs...and I have tried..
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, PQD44, Diesel Destroyer

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147523

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I've got a GenLabs DRLR2, which dims the DRLs with headlights. Apparently they did a DRLR3 which did the indicators, but, unfortunately, they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diesel Destroyer

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147541

Could/would do

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/daytime-running-light-drl-controller.html

Gone for this unit as I need to get on with the wiring

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147605

A quick follow up to this thread...just passed the MOT test with these DRLs....a clean pass, no advisories.... :yesnod: :yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147695

Arrived.. Will fit and test later..

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147697

I just fitted a standard relay to my DRLs so they come on with the ignition and go off as soon as any lights are on.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147700

I just fitted a standard relay to my DRLs so they come on with the ignition and go off as soon as any lights are on.:shrug:

That's fine if your DRLs are away from indicators

DRL auto dim on indicators 9 years 7 months ago #147716

:yesnod: They are.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT