• Page:

Topic

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 8 months ago #147363

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
As some of you will have read ( TF 160 conundrum ), I have been swapping some parts over and these black leather seats and arm rest have made their way to my F. They have very good padding and are far more comfortable and supportive than my old Mk 2 seats.

They look even better in real life than in the photo but after the cloth seats I previously had ..... boy, do these make you perspire!

Not only do they get very hot in the sunlight (taken to finding shady places to park), they don't 'breath' like my old cloth seats. I do have leather seats in my other cars and it's not an issue; when it gets too hot the AC keeps things cool and comfortable.

If you have leather seats in your F / TF what do you do to avoid the perspiration soaked shirt and trousers?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 8 months ago #147365

Take the TT out with air-con on

Seriously nothing at present I've covered over 2k miles these last two weeks for work and it means spare shirts in the boot and polo shirts to drive in.

It hasn't been too bad although coming from Gloucester back to Cornwall yesterday late afternoon was sticky, but I refuse to get the TT out in weather like we are having.

Tone
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 8 months ago #147367

Get yer self some of these.

After all, 20,000 Spanish taxi drivers can't be wrong :pop:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
Attachments:

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 8 months ago #147368

That is one of the reasons we have Alcantara in all four of the MGs.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 8 months ago #147369

Hey Paul, I have the same sort of problem. My 1995 F has a complete MY2000 black leather interior. It's a great looking interior but here in SW Ontario, where it can get into the high 20's degC and high humidity during the summer, that black leather interior gets HOT. Many a times I have got out of the car and my back side is soaked. Over the past three summers there have been weeks where I didn't drive the car because it was just too hot.

What I have been doing on long, day long drives, is put the top up and unzip the rear window and drive that way every so often to help escape from the heat. Sometimes I put a towel over the seat and then sit on the towel which does help.

But the ultimate solution is to install a factory aircon system, which I did over the past winter. Yes, it does seem silly to have the top down and the air on. I don't have the air on continuously but for a few minutes every so often; it really helps.
Mark
95 MGF

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 8 months ago #147375

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Not only do they get very hot in the sunlight (taken to finding shady places to park), they don't 'breath' like my old cloth seats. I do have leather seats in my other cars and it's not an issue; when it gets too hot the AC keeps things cool and comfortable.

If you have leather seats in your F / TF what do you do to avoid the perspiration soaked shirt and trousers?

I put the aircon on. ;)

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 7 months ago #147729

Makes me glad I have half-leather seats...And Aircon! :beer:

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 7 months ago #147734

Paul ,if you want rid of those leather non breathing seats give me a shout :)

New Seats, they're not breathing! 9 years 7 months ago #147746

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
I will do Paul.

It was only a problem on the hottest days and after a long drive. They do look so good I would be loathed to part with them.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT