Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147234

Sorry I know this will have been asked many times and I have searched the forum however I can't find a definitive answer.
Mild tuning of a TF 135.
While I wait for the engine to be repaired after the alternator belt failed depleting the remap budget l am looking at other options to improve the performance a little.
A performance air filter obviously and I believe on a TF a replacemt flat panel in the original airbox is pretty much as good as a cone. So is it worth looking at the ducting to modify that to feed in cooler air?
I can't run to a performance exhaust now. is it worth a de-cat on a 135 I know it's not recommended on a 160 but is there any advantage on the 135.
Obd plug in tuning boxes anybody tried one?
I have tensioned the throttle cable to improve the response are there any other little tweaks that I have missed.
If nothing else it gets the car ready for the remap when funds allow.
Thanks
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by andy3681.

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147237

Changing to a quality panel filter and re-routing the air feed to the n/s side intake to pull cold air in is the most cost-effective improvement you can make. :yesnod:

I have a bluetooth obd dongle permanently in the port of mine.( I can't lose it that way!) Very handy for checking live readings.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy3681

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147250

If you have an ABS (plastic) inlet manifold and a 48mm throttle body; before you spend any money on a remap it may be better to fit the 52mm throttle body and alloy inlet manifold. The 52mm throttle body will give a better throttle response in relation to the throttle pedal being pressed and give greater response but unfortunately no increase in power, but certainly feels like it does.

Brian.

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147253

Badger, a TF135 should have the aluminium manifold already fitted, the 52mm TB is a good upgrade.

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147255

Thanks Badger
yes the TF is a 52mm throttle body and ali manifold already.
I am not trying to make it a 160 I would have bought one if I wanted to go very fast. I am just looking for little improvements to make the car better as a daily drive. I am very lucky my trip to work is on some of the best driving roads in the country and I can at last have a car to enjoy them.
I searched the internet again last night but still cant get a proper answer is it worth de catting a 135?
ta

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147259

decat good for sound but costs power because the engines designed to have the back pressure the cat provides

Newby questions 9 years 9 months ago #147278

Badger, a TF135 should have the aluminium manifold already fitted, the 52mm TB is a good upgrade.

Thanks for the info Bryan,
I know the 1.6 MPI is ABS plastic but did not know that all TF 135's are aluminum, I have an 05 TF 1.8 MPI which is a stepspeed (120 BHP) but was originally fitted with a plastic manifold which I have now fitted the aluminum version from a Land Rover Freelander, plus the blue injectors that came with it.

Brian.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT