Topic

Colour opinions 9 years 9 months ago #147274

Great work!!!!

:broon:
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT MG SPARES LTD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Colour opinions 9 years 9 months ago #147282

Thanks Allan been watching your own project with interest on facebook.
David,staying with green but trying to get a bit more mica in,liked blue but my youngest daughter pictured 5 years ago wants this car when she is older and as a incentitive not to smoke i have told her she can have it providing she doesnt smoke.
Will not let her drive it straight away the crash tests are concerning perhaps one to keep in the garage for her.
She as overruled the blue bless her.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Colour opinions 9 years 8 months ago #148088

After fitting some older subframes for the bodyshop i refurbed the original rear today.Posted the front being refurbed last year.
I spent a lot of time prepping a few hours last night with degreaser then jetwash.
Today spent a few hours removing any loose looking surface corrosion the mgf is a low mileage that i have kept in the in the unit for years,not even covered 1000 miles in the last six years.So the subframe although a 1996 was in pretty good shape.
Most of today,cleaning it up then wirewooling to get a good key.
Sprayed it with etch primer,zinc primer,then topcoat of black.
Fitted some TF solid mounts and stainless solid mounts,Gearbox engine back in next.

Attachments:

Colour opinions 9 years 8 months ago #148089

Colour opinions 9 years 8 months ago #148553

Before lifting running gear back into subframe done a few of the usual suspects.Firstly cracked open the original open box ,C4BP gearbox that was fitted to the car originallly, not been ran for a while thought i would have a nosy inside.

Everything seemed fine inside the box,this car is not being tracked after refurb so decided i will fit the Gearbox from the LE500 as it covered 12000 miles in the LE500 and 400 when we dropped the N series running gear into the ZR,since removed.
Took off the ZR mounts and clutch arm,refitted the TF mounts bolted a new clutch cylinder and uprated clutch arm with grease nipple.
Stupidly fitted a MGF bell crank then remembered I ordered a a uprated bell crank with rosejoints from MG MANIA.
The starter motor is located in position so i dont loose the bolts.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Colour opinions 9 years 8 months ago #148558

The slave bracket moves a fair bit.. might be worth adding some gussets to it to stiffen it up.. it improves clutch pedal feel..

Ive done 3 now.. worth the 15 mins work in my opinion

B)
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Colour opinions 9 years 7 months ago #149480

This was my engine earlier in the week,intended to change the belt and water pump tensioner and came across the leaky timing housing seal.

This engine has covered 52000 miles,underwent a rebuild in 2004 at 23246 miles,nothing upgraded a standard rebuild by a garage for the first owner, pistons and conrods,liners,bigend shells, head rebuilt etc according to reciept engine when investigated had a rattle ,cost £2399.89
This would explain the loose headbolts that caused HGF i inherited when i originally purchased from the 2nd owner .
The revised oil ladder rail was not available when the previous rebuild was undertaken but i replaced the oil ladder rail with the headgasket when i bought the car a few years ago
Once again this week the head has come off and the cam carrier split, the timing seal gaskets replaced cam, stem seals.new valves,both belts,water pump,tensioner.New Borg and beck clutch, thermostat and housing ,black PRT and hoses,i have no interest in making it go faster so all pretty standard 145 VVC except for exhaust and air filter,cold air feed pipe.
Attachments:

Colour opinions 9 years 7 months ago #150316

Leaky timing house now sorted head back on and engine built back up.

Engine,gearbox back in the repainted subframe.
Added the LE500 GEARBOX,with new clutch and new clutch cylinder,and grease nipple uprated clutch lever.
New steel water pipes,lots of bolts replaced thermostat housing,added the PRT mostly OE except the stainless mounts.Headwork as previously mentioned and all three belts.

Attachments:

Colour opinions 9 years 7 months ago #150661

Not to much done today on my own car busy morning with customers then been chatting to Glenn (MG MANIA) most the afternoon.
Replaced the alternator with a new genuine magnetti marelli,plus belt and upgraded adjustment bracket.
Polybushes arrived today so can get tie rods back in plus Glenn brought me hel brake lines with him and upgraded bell crank. Going to give the LE500 gearlevers and gearstick a try in me mgf so using the TF bellcrank.

Attachments:

Colour opinions 9 years 4 months ago #153626

The new paintwork as started not had the lacquer on yet.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 4 months ago #153627

I like the look of that upgraded alternator adjuster - where did it come from please?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 4 months ago #153628

I like the look of that upgraded alternator adjuster - where did it come from please?

Richard

It looks like the one I got from MG Mania Ltd.
MGTF MG TF Upgraded Alternator Belt Tensioner Adjuster Bracket Bolt Kit 1
Completed

There's another seller on ebay doing similar (may have been the originator tbh).
Adjuster Alternator Belt Tensioner Bracket K Series MGF TF Rover rally race M10
Completed

I opted for the MG Mania version because it came with the longer bolts required to fix it.

It's much easier to adjust the tension than the MG original.
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.
Time to create page: 1.904 seconds