Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgf alarm censors. 10 years 2 days ago #142144

• p38's Avatar Topic Author
  • p38
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi everyone i am just wondering were are the censors for the alarm eg doors,bonnet,boot . :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgf alarm censors. 10 years 2 days ago #142150

Hi everyone i am just wondering were are the censors for the alarm eg doors,bonnet,boot . :-?

The drivers door and passenger door open information is from switches inside the door lock mechanism, unlike normal push pin type switches for door open sensors.

The boot switch is also operated by the boot latch lock in the boot lid.

The bonnet switch is a normal push pin type on the drivers side towards the bulkhead (if fitted)

On some models there is also a volumetric sensor which is mounted behind the T bar above the vertical pocket.

The alarm system fitted to the MGF's is a Lucas system (5AS) and the same on early models of the TF, then later TF's had the Pektron alarm system, however all the sensor input information as above is the same for both systems.

Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p38

Re:mgf alarm censors. 10 years 2 days ago #142169

Possibly a silly question but if the volumetric sensor is under the T Bar how can it sense movement in the car?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Re:mgf alarm censors. 10 years 2 days ago #142178

Possibly a silly question but if the volumetric sensor is under the T Bar how can it sense movement in the car?

On convertibles they generally use a microwave frequency type sensors to detect a field disturbance within a contained area, so only a intrusive mass will set them off (not affected by wind or a breeze) low frequency microwaves will have no problem penetrating the plastic of the T bar, or warming your Pot Noodle.

I am no expert on the type of sensor fitted and I have never opened one up on an F/TF but it will probably be a microwave type. Or it could just be magic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alanrt54

Re:mgf alarm censors. 10 years 2 days ago #142181

So now I know. Pity mines stopped working! It did when I bought the car 3 years ago.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT