Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 5 months ago #152313

The thing is Daviod that I have not bought any tyres for the MGF's ................................................................. yet. Am only using what came on the car or wheels.

I also expect that renewing the lower arm bushes including the compliance bushes have helped "Elsie" in the handling department. Fitted new shocks to "Blue 33" today so it will be interesting to see how the improve things. Plan on checking and replacing bushes on her too in the not too distant future. She will need tyres before long but is on 15" Five spoke VVC rims.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 5 months ago #152352

Hi, dropped the front subframe today. Went quite well considering I only have a drive, a jack and two axle stands. One rear mounting bolt rounded but a hammered on socket got that. Snapped one other rear bolt so I guess I'm drilling that and fitting a nut and bolt.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 5 months ago #152420

Hi, dropped the front subframe today. Went quite well considering I only have a drive, a jack and two axle stands. One rear mounting bolt rounded but a hammered on socket got that. Snapped one other rear bolt so I guess I'm drilling that and fitting a nut and bolt.

If your drilling then drill smaller and then re-tap or use an "Eazi" out with lots of porper penetrating fluid. I had to to three on the project VVC but managed to get all those undone on "Elsie's" rear monnts on the front sub frame when fitting new mounts. I see some one has drilled and put a bolt through at least one of the rear sub frame front mounts ......................... bodgers Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Drill size for the 8mm tap is 6.8mm. I used a proper centre drill (No3) to start the drillling in the correct spot (centre of bolt) then a small 3mm ( about an 1/8") as a pilot hole then opened it up to accept the eazi out.

Really it's not as difficult and many make out. have also drilled out all the broken disc retaining counter sunk screws and re-tapped the holes 6mm for new screws. The replacement used front sub frame that I re-furbished had three broken screws in the front hubs.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 months ago #152527

Sort of half way through my engine rebuild, rear subframe refurb and suspension repaint, plus a renewal of the rear brake lines and general tidy of the engine bay, it has been delayed due to domestic issues, but i will have to crack on and finish it soon :)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 months ago #152545

This week I are been mostly buying one!!

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 months ago #153576

Finally got round to fitting my upgraded alternator belt tensioner from MGMania this afternoon. Much better than the original IMHO.

If anyone wants the original bracket for any reason they can have it foc, though I've left the adjusting screw on the alternator so would have to get underneath to retrieve that if that was also required.

Also waterproofed the hood with Fabsil ready for the winter.
Robin ;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 months ago #153583

New discs and pads are going on the front on the weekend and all my blue led interior and dash lights have turned up so will probably get all them changed over aswell

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 months ago #153587

So far.......

Fitted mk2 centre consol
Shortened gear stick
Fitted rear speaker bar

In process of modding a 48mm alloy tb.

Still got loads to do but got loads of time to do it in :broon:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #155075

Finally got under the MG today to sort out my slowly worsening exhaust blow. I was expecting to see a hole or split in any one of the exhaust components, but no everything seemed fine and intact. The blow seemed to be coming from top of the system, so off with the inspection cover (what a b@stard job that is, but that's another story!).
It turns out that out of the 5 manifold studs, the bottom 2 had disappeared, the top middle 1 could be unscrewed by hand and the 2 top outer ones weren't exactly tight! :(
Luckily I found 2 bolts that were exactly the right length and with a couple of spring washers managed to fix the problem! :woohoo:
Need to source some proper replacements and manifold gasket to do the job proper! :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #155574

This weekend I started the slam panel modification to fit my new alloy rad (with wrong mounting point width!). Cut the passenger side mount hole 2cm to the left and cut a new plate to fit the remaining 'old hole'. Welded the replacement piece in and then ground down the welds - amazingly looks OK! Popped some primer on it and went back indoors to warm up! LOL

I'll get some pictures in the week....

Also bought some new twin tip Denzo spark plugs and am about to get a couple of new coils to see if that will help with the lumpy tick over. I don't think its the leads as I swapped to a couple of F leads I had temporarily and it made no difference.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 1 month ago #155973

This Saturday I helped Peter (pgew) fitting his TT exhaust and 17" ZS alloys and adapters.. looked nice.

Then Sunday I fitted stainless underfloor pipes and alloy rad. I also fittred the modified slam panel I made up - although it's not 100 finished yet as I need to get some rivnuts and some MBB Starlight Silver paint - goodness knows where!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 1 month ago #155979

Well last week it was MOT so replaced a worn O/S/F lower ball joint and the faulty CAT ....................................... another years MOT and the old one still has not run out :P . Sunday we joined several other MG nuts fro a drive through the Derbyshire Peaks and as this was quite a drive from home "Blue 33" and it covered arounf 300 miles Sunday. Don't know exactly how many as on the way home whilst about 1/2 hours drive away the speedo cable broke. So she is parked on the drive with acess cover off whilst we sort a replacement cable and get it fitted.

Ahhh well :bang: .

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT