Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142201

I have been busy
Changed the wheels over to allow refurbishing of my originals.
Dropped the coolant fitted SS coolant pipes replaced coolant with Water and a dishwater tablet.
Drove around for a few days for that extra sparkle ;)
dropped the coolant again now a grungy greeny brown. Flushed, blown, rinsed and topped up with new OAT.
Replaced the soft top catches.as the plastic "tip" on one of mine had broken.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142352

Well as the sun was out (Despite my new tablet telling me it was raining! Thanks BBC Weather App!) so I decided to cut off the rusty 'tag' from the front subframe (from my other THREAD about it), and gave it a coat of stone chip. Looks like it was never there - just need to do the other side now next weekend.

I also decided to re-black the central area of the front bumper where some idiot had sprayed the bumper and not masked it (I think they look awful body coloured in the center!)....

The keen eyed ones amongst you will notice the passenger fog light is now in place and now it works too!

Then it started to rain... so I came in and had a well earned cuppa!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142358

Fitted mesh to the boot vents on my TF, still have to clean the tag ends of the glue off but pretty pleased with the result

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142359

Fitted mesh to the boot vents on my TF, still have to clean the tag ends of the glue off but pretty pleased with the result

Looks great. I did Meg's years ago but still gotta do Felix's yet.... It's amazing how a bit of mesh can make so much difference eh.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142367

Fitted a new style snorkel and made and fitted a servo bracket

And finally got this bit out

Only light surface rust and so far all the nuts and bolts are undoing!

So all thats left is to get all the bits off that will be going on this one

so that I can get the sub frame stripped and painted and while other parts are enjoying a dip in molasses I need to save up for bushes...

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142400

Fitted seats and door cards that we got from a t-bar member for a very good price.

Went to put the hood back up and realised why it was a little more difficult than it used to be.
Can anyone spot the deliberate mistake :oops:

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142462

Fitted two new grease nipples to my TF The new ones have a 45 degree turn in them plus plastic caps
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142464

Replaced the heater Rezpack, fitted the intake snorkel & made/fitted a servo bracket.

Well pleased, wasn't expecting to get this all sorted til the weekend.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142470

Got pulled for speeding :oops:

Broke down with flat battery :nonod:

Removed rubber coating from centre consol :broon:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142526

Fitted the replacement Air Bag Slip ring so no SRS lights up now and the horns work again. Also cleaned the door cards as had not gotten around to those until now. In the morning in daylight will fit the new LED 501's that arrived today and see if i can see why the reversing lights don't illuminate at all.

Earlier it was get the (VAE) Luxury parchment interior ito "Elsie". Few little snagging jobs to do and get the new speakers fitted. We drained some gear box oil to get it tot eh correct level as it was over filled. Adjusted the gear change cable to make 1st & 3rd easier to engage as the lever was fouling the gaiter ring.

"Blue 33" has her seats out so the carpets can be re-fitted. Still plenty to do though.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142529

replaced two front shocks and removed the heater resistor and soldered in the new rezpax coils, i am now double jointed, the only tip i can offer to refitting the heater resistor pack it to use some double sided tape around the edge of pack, pop into position and the tape should hold it long enough while you get the two screws refitted. all 4 speeds now work on the heater. and its time for some weekend :drive:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142533

Went to the scrappy and got a SAAB boot release and a R25 steering wheel with audio controls and ordered the audio controls adaptor for my Alpine headunit and a Freelander stalk set from eBay all for a few mods I'll be doing in the next few weeks.
Also got hold of a radio ariel adaptor so I've now got working radio B)

Topped up the coolant tank again (and again and again and again, lol)

Found that my drivers side seatbelt has decided to stop retracting properly!! :-?

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT