Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55270

I opened the packet it was well wrapped , I then when the sun was at 34^ offered up the first,
the book says leave the nuts holding in the lamp and buy more nuts with spreaders attached at a silly price,

I didn't like the gaps, 'I am a bogger me' so off to the shed, raining now- and saw that a collar was provided for avoiding original nuts.

So off with the collars with the hacksaw, smooth with sander/file, lost my 1/4 socket, so had to drive 40 miles to borrow an extension,
darned if I know where it went.

Now look at the differance I have made of the job. I am well pleased, Ken

I haven’t lost my marbles they are in a bag somewhere
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55271

And the end result -

Before

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Yellow Peril. Reason: added before pics

Re: How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55272

Beautiful job and a great final result. Thanks Ken. :broon:

Re: How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55302

I fitted my light covers last Sunday. I did not modify the covers and could only use the top fixings as the lower stud was not long enough.

Did your mod allow the bottom stud to be used?

Re: How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55325

Yes indeed Alan, fussy bu**er that I am, and it closes the gap at the top so no wasted light escapes nor small spanners fall in,
I did consider glue-ing kitchen foil to the insides [or painting silver] as the MGF rear lights are not glorious in the sun, but for now?Ken

Re: How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55342

Just had a look at my unmodified covers. There is no gap at the top, They seem a snug fit even though only held in place by the top 2 fixings.

Re: How I perfected the fitting of rear lamp protector 11 years 9 months ago #55344

Just had a look at my unmodified covers. There is no gap at the top, They seem a snug fit even though only held in place by the top 2 fixings.

Alan - I did exactly as you did about 6 months ago and can confirm they are still tight and good. :beer:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT