Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:posible clutch issue 9 years 3 months ago #155430

Check the fluid level. B)

2nd that. Sounds like there maybe air in the system, or just the fluid hasn't been changed for a long time and has gone off.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:posible clutch issue 9 years 3 months ago #155432

• CR41G's Avatar Topic Author
  • CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Does it no use the brake resevoir for the clutch?? I ask because ive checked the fluid level on in that resevoir and its fine

Re:posible clutch issue 9 years 3 months ago #155434

There's a separate reservoir for the clutch on the driver's side of the bonnet compartment.
Robin ;)

Re:posible clutch issue 9 years 3 months ago #155435

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Whooops missed that lol

just asumed its like other cars ive owned and uses the brake resevoir ...

ill check that tomorrow and if thats ok im fitting a k&n filter saturday so ill check the clutch arm isnt seized ,make sure the slave isnt leaking and then bleed it up and take it from there.

still a novice mger so everythin I do I have to learn , read about and ask questions first

Re:posible clutch issue 9 years 3 months ago #155469

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Quick update
clutch fluid is at the correct level but by the looks of it needs changing.

so weekend ill b checking condition on the slave cylinder , checking that the clutch arm isnt seized and clutch fluid change as well as fit my k&n filter

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #155670

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Ive changed the clutch fluid but its made no real differeance still biting high . Clutch arm is opperating correctly and slave cylinder looks clean , no leaks and fairly new to be honest so it may well be worn clutch plate but as said previously clutch is bitting fine and not slipping so ill c how it goes.

57i filter fitted and sounds awsome well chuffed with it great induction noise from it .

finally throttle feels like a switch .. absolute dog to drive in traffic .press throttle nuthin ... press a bit more nuthin ... press a bit more sudenly engine rockets to 4k rpm total pain in the arse!!

Throttle body looks clean and butter fly operates correctly and throttle cable is adjusted correctly , so im guessing throttle cable is shot???

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #155671

Did it do this before you fitted the K&N intake???

Have you tried setting the stepper motor??

Get someone else to press the throttle pedal down slowly and see if the TB opens suddenly. is it a plastic one?

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #155674

If it is the cable you can always squirt some WD in to the end and get someone to work it through. It's not a permanent solution but if it does work at least it's a decent drive until you replace it.

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #155692

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Bryan - yea its been like this for a while now so not an issue resulting from fitting the k and n . I reset the tps but that hasnt made no differance either .

adam - I thought about lubing it but from what ive read by searching the site was to just replace it rather than try and lube it ...found brown and gammons do them for 35 quid so not to bad really.

Its just a pig to try and control the throttle it really is like a switch .... either on or off its recking the driving experiance at the minute

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #155737

When I bought my TF thought the clutch felt OK, only after having it for a bit did I realise that when I booted it I got a clutch burning smell. Put it down to my clumsy gear change and not pushing the clutch up and down quick enough.

Had a new clutch fitted and was told that the clutch release arm was seized, the clutch burning smell was because the release arm wasn't releasing quick enough.

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #155768

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
My service history states .. new clutch ,new clutch pipe (master cylinder to slave) , new slave cylinder and fresh fluid all done 18 months and 4000 miles ago so no wonder everything looks relativly clean and new.

ordered a new throttle cable from b and g 40 quid including postage which is a considerable saving over the same part from rimmers.

will get that fitted next weekend and hopefully should be all good again

posible clutch issue 9 years 2 months ago #156002

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
New throttle cable was fitted over the weekend easy enough job but did have to drop the accelerator pedal to remove the old one and fit the new one any way I think it took about 45 mins in total but what a differance its made . Throttle has now got response in all positions rather than it just feeling like an on / off switch ... so yes much happier with it now .

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT