Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mike Satur Roll Hoops and Engine Bay Access 9 years 3 months ago #155329

Hi fellas;
Seeking advice on potential engine bay cover access problems after fitting Mike Satur roll hoops.
I just had my 40000 km service done and the mechanic commented that the last car with roll hoops was a mongrel to access the engine bay cover. Do Mikes designs cause issues? Thanks as Im just about to purchase a set.
Best wishes all.
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mike Satur Roll Hoops and Engine Bay Access 9 years 3 months ago #155337

Hi Baytown. The Mike Satur Hoops ive seen just bolt across the tbar section and dont restirct restrict access to the engine cover. The MGF safety bars look like they need to come off to get engine cover access. ;) Get a copy of the fitting instructions for the ones you want to buy, that should tell you if they in the way. ;)

Mike Satur Roll Hoops and Engine Bay Access 9 years 3 months ago #155342

My TF came with the Mike Satur hoops fitted.

They don't obstruct engine access but I'm not a great fan as they make unzipping the rear window and unlatching the rear of the hood a complete pain. They also stop you having a full tonneau - but that's just a personal thing as I 'd love one to recreate my MGA days!

On the plus side they do look smart and the windstop between them works well and makes a big difference.
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

Mike Satur Roll Hoops and Engine Bay Access 9 years 3 months ago #155343

Because you have to ditch the speaker box when fitting the Satur hoops it actually makes it easier to remove the access panel. you can get at the three bolts under the crossmember easily.
David
:shrug:

Re:Mike Satur Roll Hoops and Engine Bay Access 9 years 3 months ago #155355

Thanks for the info fellas.
I'll go ahead and get a set sent to me in Australia.
Shame about the speaker boxes though as mine are dynamat lined for best sound from my Alpine speakers.
Best wishes all.
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike Satur Roll Hoops and Engine Bay Access 9 years 3 months ago #155364

My TF came with the Mike Satur hoops fitted.

They don't obstruct engine access but I'm not a great fan as they make unzipping the rear window and unlatching the rear of the hood a complete pain. They also stop you having a full tonneau - but that's just a personal thing as I 'd love one to recreate my MGA days!

On the plus side they do look smart and the windstop between them works well and makes a big difference.

Nice Glass Screen would save you having to unzip: Forum members get FREE Anti-Locking Straps: To order Black Mohair Heated Glass Screen Panel pay £205 (including delivery to France) to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. by PayPal or call 0044 1565 740288 or 0044 7778 149632 to pay by card

All Panels are supplied with the necessary long, black powder coated rivets and CD Video showing the fitting procedure. Watch me fit one in 15 minutes:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT