Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154474

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154475

Whoo there, thanks for the early warning but don't panic us yet, there is still over 24h till panic time! :clap:

Christmas Eve is the official man shopping day :broon:

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154480

I was very good, took Mrs TC food shopping on Saturday (3 different supermarkets no less) and planned to do my bits yesterday, so, Mrs TC decided to tag along, and then she wonders why I haven't bought her anything!

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154495

I hate Xmas shopping wandering around shops, so tend to use the net :yesnod:
Trouble is that we have a joint Paypal a/c, so if I buy the missus's present this way, she knows what she is getting & how much I paid :-?

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154533

After last year's "Why did you buy me a watch? My old one works perfectly well." incident (Gilt finish worn of her grotty old watch, didn't like the shiny new Citizen Eco-Drive I bought her :nonod: ) I let her buy her own bleedin gift this year.
I was happy to see a dainty little bag from the lingere shop, then was terribly disappointed to find she had bought herself an "Everyday" bra. Not even a fancy, lacy one-hand removable job! :( ....sigh*
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154544

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I think there's a basic incompatibilty between men and women at a cellular level on this subject. :yesnod:

For a woman, receiving a present is a deeply personal thing where she looks deep within the 'meaning' of the present. What does it signify? What loving message does the present reveal about the inner workings of the mind and soul of the giver?
Giving a present is equally complex. Will my present be appreciated? Will they understand the deep meaning behind my gift? I agonised for weeks about what colour to get.

For men it is almost the same but subtly different in a few minor variations when receiving a present. 'Ooh a present! Is it a shiny tool? Can I eat it? WTF is this? Oh well better smile and say 'lovely'.
Giving a present is equally complex. Phew, well, good job I grabbed that big bar of chocolate from the petrol station for her yesterday. Thank feck this torture is over for another year.
:bust:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154555

I solved the problem for my missus by buying a hard top for the F.

Hope she enjoys her new iron :whistle:

Not really, I've got her some nice (to my mind) stuff but have been let down by a supplier that guaranteed delivery by Christmas :rant: . Oh well, hopefully, the other things will compensate.
Robin ;)

Nearly Christmas shopping time men! 9 years 3 months ago #154556

This year was easy. Her mother died in January, her new born foal died 12day after it was born and then her main horse had to be put down in June so we did not have Christmas this year
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT