Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153601

Think that what it sold for ;)
Got to be a bargain at these prices :yesnod:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153617

My highest bid was £122.98 and it went for £124.98 so I suspect if I'd increased my bid the other would have gone up as well.

As you say a bargain at that price - I'm just too tight :whistle:
Robin ;)

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153640

Have to admit it was me...bought as an xmas present for 'Myfanwy'....although other half doesn't know yet.. :omg: :omg: ....was lucky as decided £125 was a maximum i was going to after losing out on previous one.

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153648

Have to admit it was me...bought as an xmas present for 'Myfanwy'....although other half doesn't know yet.. :omg: :omg: ....was lucky as decided £125 was a maximum i was going to after losing out on previous one.

Nice one!

Glad you got it for a reasonable price but I'm sorry that my bidding pushed the price up. You may have got it a bit cheaper :doh:
Robin ;)

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153661

Classic example of where a forum can work togeather - let the other members know how high you are going to bid and if it's higher than others they wont bid at all.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153672

Classic example of where a forum can work togeather - let the other members know how high you are going to bid and if it's higher than others they wont bid at all.

I've often wondered about that but also wonder about the ethics of prearranging bids. Ok it's not quite that but you know what I mean.

After all, it might be one of us selling a part and we'd want the highest price we could get I suppose. Though if I have anything to get rid of, I'd be happy to pass it on to a T-bar member either foc or at a reduced rate.
Robin ;)

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153677

I've often wondered about that but also wonder about the ethics of prearranging bids. Ok it's not quite that but you know what I mean.

It's is just a case of saying "I will be bidding up to £125" and someone else saying "I'll go to £150".
The lower bidder knows they will be out bid so doesn't bid at all, the higher bidder may well get it for much less.

Also if members mention on the forum that they have an item on ebay they may sell through the forum and save on fees.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153690

Yep, I was bidding as well, think we all forced the price up, my limit was around £123, think I will leave it for a few months and see if anything is around in Feb, or fit a standard one. Would love a s/s one, but other work also needed over the winter

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153692

My problem with ebay is I don't like losing so I'll always wait till the last 5 seconds then drop a moster bid usually around double what I think it's worth . That way I no im go into win and that no one has time to re enter another bid before it ends.

So yes I am one of them fuckers we all hate but I was sick of loosing out by 1 pound in the dying seconds so to beat them join them

And believe it or not I've not once over paid for an item doin this!!

As for tellin each other who's bidding on what , that would be a good idea so if you see summet on eBay post up the link and then other people can say yes I'm bidding on that and my max is £?? That way the folks on this site would be looking after each other .

So yea good idea me thinks

MK1 S/S exhaust 9 years 4 months ago #153693

It's is just a case of saying "I will be bidding up to £125" and someone else saying "I'll go to £150".
The lower bidder knows they will be out bid so doesn't bid at all, the higher bidder may well get it for much less.

Also if members mention on the forum that they have an item on ebay they may sell through the forum and save on fees.

Sound ok to me.

Always happy to reduce the cost of motoring.
Robin ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.222 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT