Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153318

• CR41G's Avatar Topic Author
  • CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Im planning on treating myself and the tf this christmas to a subwoofer to enhance the cars speaker system.
now I no a fair bit about bass ive built some monster systems over the years my best being in my old corsa c showcar that was tested at 142.2db but anyway I no even though a double box and amp will fit in the boot (just) but would be poinless as the boot isnt connected to the cockpit and theres a big lump of metal .. known as the engine inbetween. So the only option is an inside cabin underseat active subwoofer... this field of low level bass I dont really know much about.

has anyone got one of these fitted??
Ive looked at a few and the 2 main ones ive picked out are the vibe lite air active sub and the t1 audio t1-20act active sub , both fitted with internal amps both have 900 watts peak and around 185 - 200 watts rms and both have 8 inch speakers.

never heard them in the flesh or any shallow or underseat sub before . I no its not goin to be ear shattering but I am hoping of a descent bit of bass from it.

any info or recommendations or opinions are as allways most welcome

cheers in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153322

I have a Kenwood active sub, works well, it is behind the passanger seat as although it fits under it takes away any movement.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153329

Just don't screw it to the firewall behind the seat! :nonod:
David
:shrug:

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153330

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I no all about the screwing into the fuel tank situation lol im going to use sticky velcro ..

I might buy 2 of the t1 audio ones and put one behind each seat ..should give me some nice boom

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153333

I think the T1 audio advertised on ebay is the same as my enhance active sub I bought a few months back,it's just been re-badged.

One is plenty for me, it really boosts the bass.It wont make the stereo sound like a corsa gangsters but it does the trick for me.

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153349

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Yea I think theres a few to be honest another one is branded as a "beat" same price and looks the same as the t1

I want half descent bass so il try 2 of the t1 audios for 100 quid a pop it aint that bad maybe because I dont really see how these little shallow subs with tiny rms outputs can generate the type of bass id like in my car . I no im never going to be able to build an ear bleeding system in the tf but want some descent kick in it.

a few years ago I was lookin inro buying a transit van to wall out and fit 6 pioneer dual voice coil subs rated at 2500 watts rms each at 1 ohm . It would of took 6 3000 watt rms monoblock amplifiers , dual alternators 4 optima red top batteries ona split charger system running off the larger amp alternator and 3 5 farad power capacitors . With the boxes ported and tuned down to 43 hrtz it would have kicked out around 160 + db of pure spl street bass heaven ...

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153352

Just don't screw it to the firewall behind the seat! :nonod:

Velcro is my friend.

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153353

I no all about the screwing into the fuel tank situation lol im going to use sticky velcro ..

I might buy 2 of the t1 audio ones and put one behind each seat ..should give me some nice boom

I have the auto changer behind the drivers seat so that's no good.

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153357

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Lol yeah ive read about other peoples miss fortunes wirh screwing through it and the fuel tank .

velcro is the way im goin with it too!!

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153484

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Having thought about it and not actually hearing a shallow active sub I may make a u turn and just buy the one for now and see how i get on .

If im happy then thats 100 quid saved which would almost pay for my new tyees come new year .
ive got to tax my 2 cars come febuary and march the cars having some much needed body work and paint doin.

But then ive been reading alot about a lambo door kit for the tf and im very tempted!!

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153487

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I have an Alpine fitted behind my arm rest.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, JanCo

active subwoofers 9 years 5 months ago #153491

Very neat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT