Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153309

• CR41G's Avatar Topic Author
  • CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

Seeing you had an advisory on the ball joints last year I would just buy two and fit them any way

The advisory states slight play in steering universal joint but not considered excessive - I had that down to the joint that connects the rack to the column??.

David - thanks for the tyre info .. the jinyus were fitted to the fronts before I bought the car they seem grippy on the fronts but if they are that poor ill fit a descent named tyre to the rear and change the front to match when the jinyus are nakered.

my cars fitted with 15 inch wheels by the way .

deffinatly goin to have a read on tyres before I commit now

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by CR41G.

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153310

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Just found toyo proxxis t1r's on the net for tyre size 205/50/r15 for 52 quid each what is the goin rate for a set of t1rs fitted??

Ive had toyos in the past and I rate them highly al though it was to a front wheel drive fiesta st

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153314

Going rate for Toyos fitted depends a bit on where you live. Up here Black Circles are more competitive than other parts of the country and £280 - £300 is the rate for 4 fitted. I like my Toyos (16 inch rims) although they won't last as long as some other makes.

Clutch thing is annoying. For any distance in the MG, I wear flat and narrow shoes which helps a bit. I've also fitted the seat lowering springs (only 2/seat rather than the 4 supplied) and they do help a bit but not a lot really. David A has gone to the next step by fixong the seat directly but only if it's a single driver car and you don't plan to sell it in the foreseeable future.

Think carefully about black leather seats. There were several posts this summer about the lack of breathability and the need to either have aircon, a change of pants or drive around with the hood-up on sunny days. Not an upgrade in my book

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: CR41G

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153317

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Nice info!!
Thanks blow-in much appreciated
i think the toyos would be my preferd choice I think if I can get the 2 rears for under 150 then id be happy with that.

front brakes are getting done next weekend so thatll be out the way at least.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153321

Make sure you get the XL tyre (extra load) ie stiffer sidewall.
David
:shrug:

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153355

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Whats the reason behind the extra stiff tyre wall?? Is it just from a handling prospective so they dont allow the tyres to flex while uder heavy load while cornering or does it go deeper than that??

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153368

Got it in one! :broon:
David
:shrug:

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153411

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Got an annoying squeek in the interior think its the passenger door card rubbing on the rear plastic that the rear speakers are housed in bloody driving me mad having to turn stereo up so I cant here it

few questions 9 years 4 months ago #153483

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Just a little update...
ive had a quote from a local tyre shop for 2 toyo poxxes t1r xl's to be fitted and balanced to the rear of my tf tyre size 205/50/r15 ive been qouted 125 quid !!

Very happy with that so come the new year ill get these slapped on her and hope rear grip improves ... only ever read good reviews about them so I have high expectations

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT