Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153242

• CR41G's Avatar Topic Author
  • CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Firstly is the clutch biting point adjustable on a tf135?? Im 6ft 1 inch tall and find the biting point of the clutch a little to high I like it quite close to the floor so its easyer to contol due to the length of my legs , in crawling traffic Im finding myself over slipping the clutch due to when I get it to the biting point in slow traffic my knees touching the bottom of the steering wheel and im finding it quiet awkward to be honest . So yea is there any posibility to lower the bite down so I can be off the clutch before my knee hits the wheel??

Secondly over the last week ive noticed that when traveling in the straight line my steering wheel is ever so slightly to the left ..bearly noticable other than to me cuz I no its doin it .. now I checked the tyre presures and all is ok with them so instantly thought tracking was out but after looking through my service history i found on the last mot test there was an advisory for steering universal joint slight play .. ive not noticed any vagueness to the steering and no nocking but could this be a factor??

Thirdly the front discs and pads are in need of changing ive found a kit by mintex from a local factors for £40 for 2 front discs and a set of pads ..dont think ive used them previously so basically has anyone used mintex ?? Are they descent?? And is £40 a good price??

My other plans are new rear tyres to match the tyres that are on the front that where only fitted for the last mot and to be fair there only a budget brand called jumho but ive had no issues what so ever and the traction and grip is good in all weathers so im goin to slap them on the back and see how they go least all 4 corners will match.

its goin in the bodyshop in march to get the rust on lower edges of wings and top edges of the sills sorted and resprayed , the whole drivers side back wing has a few dents and laquer air line cracks so thats gettin resprayed aswell as a touch of rust on the lower edge of the boot lid and to finish it off im goin to clay bar and mop the whole thing all ready for the summer.
in the summer the under body is getting a new coat of stone guard and subframes will get a clean up ,repaint and rust preventer of some sort.
maybe even upgrade the interior to black leather and fit an active subwoofer just to add a bit of luxury and bass to the interior .

any way ive rambled on for long enough thanks for reading and your forth coming replys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153249

Can only answer your third queery re discs & pads.
Mintex are a premium brand with a good reputation :yesnod:
The price looks reasonable as well, but just make sure the pads are Mintex as well.

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153251

This link may help you sort the steering issue http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/common_problems/epas_reset/
The following user(s) said Thank You: CR41G

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153253

Don't waste your money on the budget tyres.

Do a search on here for tyres and then make your mind up.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153263

The clutch bite point is not adjustable. Not without re-engineering the pedal box. It would be easier to alter the seat to lower your legs. I have removed the runners from my driver's seat and re-engineered the seat so it is about 40-50mm lower. It now bolts directly to the original fixing points but is obviously not adjustable front to back.
David
:shrug:

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153289

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks for your input always appreciated!!
Brakes will be done in the next few weeks now .had a good read of that epas link very interesting info but my car isnt steering to the left its tracking straight and true hmm still might get it 4 wheel lazer aligned failing that it could be suspension bushes.

the clutch situation is shit to be honest was hoping it could have been lowered .I may look at lowering the seat by removing the runners .

as for tyres ive got jumhos on the front and I cant fault them to be honest and because I like matching sets that was my thoughts for fitting them to the rear I can get a pair for the rears for around 120 - 130 my car only averages around 4k a year on millage do should last a few years

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153293

Are they not Kumho tyres? :-?
David

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153297

I was thinking that but the Far East spring some wonderfully named budgets out from time to time.

Best I ever saw was a truck tyre called a "double happiness"

I kid you not!!

Kumho tyres are good.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153303

Seeing you had an advisory on the ball joints last year I would just buy two and fit them any way
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153304

• CR41G
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Sorry folks my bad the new tyres fitted to the front that im on about putting on the rears in the new year are jinyu yh12's lol dont no where the hell I got jumhos from ...

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153306

In that case don't fit them to the rear as they are known to have a soft sidewall. These cars need a reinforced sidewall especially on the rear!

I would recommend Nexens, they are available for the sort of price of these Jinyu and are a much better tyre. Are we talking 15 or 16" wheels here?
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

few questions 9 years 5 months ago #153307

i got a pair of Nexen N 6000 tyres for the rear of mine 215/40 ZR16 for £120 fitted and balanced.
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT