Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152665

I do have the three button fob....are you saying that you need to use the third button before attempting to unlock the boot?..we tested my SCU on Paul's rig and the alarm sounds if the boot is opened with the key after arming the alarm..this doesn't seem to be the default behaviour which is what I would prefer...
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152676

On mine if i arm the deadlocks then open the boot with key (manually) the alarm will sound.
If i use the boot release on fob it activates the solenoid on boot mechanism.The solenoid is the same as the ZR Rover 25 it must send a signal from ecu as the alarm does not activate.
Do you have one of these pictured underneath connected to your boot mechanism.

Attachments:

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152682

Don't think so..where does it fit?

..and how much? :yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152683

Inside the box section where all the wiring plugs into latch mechanism.I have come across LE500s that dont have this but still have the fob with boot release.
However The Later 1.8 135 i am reshelling did have the fob and solenoid actuator.It was OE not aftermarket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fatbaldingoldgit

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152688

Therefore it should be possible to retrofit it to my LE500..excellent!..another 'improvement'..... :broon:
- Frank Zappa

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152758

On my MY05 the unlock signal comes from the lock mechanism itself, very crude idea; when the lock is opened (by any method) the release arm in the lock touches the lock frame which is grounded, it is also the local ground signal for the boot light, however if the boot light works it will not prove the connection to the BCU.

This ground signal wire from inside the lock is on a black with a red tracer which joins with the wire from the drivers door lock open signal, the signal then goes into the BCU plug C0633 on pin 21 so if either the drivers door is unlocked or the boot is opened the alarm is disabled.

If you retro fit remote boot unlocking the BCU sends a 12vdc pulse to the boot solenoid and will not solve the alarm issue.

Have you checked the dreaded boot loom harness for broken wires?

Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gerry

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152760

HI Brian...I inspected the boot wires a few weeks ago..they are fine..

...and I retested various functions after Paul reconfigured my SCU to disable speed locking just to prove that there were no unintended consequences PLUS to investigate superlocking which was giving intermittent results on my SCU and his test SCU on his test rig.

1. Speed Locking - SUCCESS..it now never locks the doors automatically when driving.
2. Unlocking the boot with the key when alarm armed - SUCCESS...the alarm doesn't sound now..I don't know why or how this has changed and it may be my memory is playing tricks on me because my clear recollection is that the alarm used to sound if I tried to unlock the boot with the key. It doesn't do so now.
3. Autolocking - SUCCESS ....Autolocking works when the car is unlocked but the door is not opened within the set time period.
4. Test Superlocking - FAIL..Superlocking disables the door knob thingy after double clicking the fob lock button. This only works on my SCU after it has been rebooted by removing the CDL/Alarm fuse and without turning the ignition on..If the ignition is ever switched on to position II then super locking stops working.

I've emailed these tests results (actually a bit more detailed than this) to Paul for further consideration.

Not sure I understand fully what you are saying re the boot lock mechanism..I do have a boot light and it works fine..if I were to fit the remote unlocking mechanism/solenoid thingy then the boot would be unlocked via the 3rd button on the key fob...(if it's the same method as yours, which I would assume to be so unless they changed it as part of the development of the Chinese TFs, which is entirely possible) the SCU would send a 12v pulse to the solenoid which opens the lock and the physical connection will ground which prevents the alarm sounding..I must have missed something if that isn't the case. :-?

I have tested unlocking the drivers door with the key when the alarm is armed and the alarm sounds after a period of 20 seconds or so ( I didn't measure this )....This is regardless whether I have opened the drivers door or not. I can open the boot for as long as I like and the alarm doesn't sound..and it resets after the boot is closed.. :yesnod:
- Frank Zappa

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152768

Inside the box section where all the wiring plugs into latch mechanism.I have come across LE500s that dont have this but still have the fob with boot release.
However The Later 1.8 135 i am reshelling did have the fob and solenoid actuator.It was OE not aftermarket.

..any chance of a picture?..I'd really like to fit one of these..I wonder if they are retrofittable without any mods to the Chinese TFs...have sent you PM.. ;)
- Frank Zappa

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152775

FUG 000070 .

[/quote]

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152776

Yup..got that one thanks..the part number is unknown to Rimmers...I was checking if they knew what else is needed to fit this...Do you have a piccy of it installed perchance?..are you able to advise if it looks like a simple retrofit?..cheers../David
- Frank Zappa

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152783

OK getting to the bottom of this remote boot issue now...After talking with Mark and Kim at Hopton Garage MG..who provided the attached picture from the workshop manual.

The 2012 and 85th Anniversary TFs have this fitted as standard and the extra bits needed to retrofit to earlier TFs are:

1. New boot lid..as the metalwork is different around the boot lock to accommodate the solenoid. Basically the catch box which is spot welded to the boot lid is extended and drilled to mount the solenoid.
2. Solenoid..from a Metro GTA..supposed part No. FUG000070...although no-one including Rimmers recognises this part No.
3. Different catch mechanism incorporating a tag for the solenoid to locate onto
4. Additional loom and external relay...to feed the earth pulse from the SCU through a relay to the solenoid
5. Reconfiguration of the SCU to enable remote boot unlocking

Recommendation from Kim is don't bother..he has investigated doing this and ended up with an after market kit..It was too difficult to reconcile the requirement for a different boot lid.

I'm not sure that the existing boot catch box can't be modified to accommodate the solenoid..Likewise the catch..will consider further and feedback if I decide to progress....Would still prefer to implement an OEM solution rather than use something so obviously aftermarket..but... :yesnod:
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 4 months ago #152787

Glad our phonecall proved informative for you with Hoptons.
The mechanism is identical except the tag is longer perhaps you could weld something on to extend it.
This is a picture of the bootlid from the car supplied by new from hoptons we discussed with the boot release.The box section is 187mm long apposed to 116mm.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fatbaldingoldgit

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT