Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150813

I was asked late this morning if i could go for a meeting in Andover this afternoon.... well of course i could.

The cover came off Tif, I checked the oil & water and with the top down off we went.
To the chap in Downton in the XPG TF ... dont wave back then.
To the gent in the Blue TF coming out of Salisbury as i was going in ... thanks for the wave.
Meeting went ok.
Coming home
To the gent in the Sunbeam Alpine, she goes well, handles well it appeared (as we came off the roundabout side by side) and i wish i had a pot of spare cash as its another car that i have always wanted.
To the utter c**k in the C Class Merc in front of me as we approached the short two lane stretch heading back toward Downton this evening, i had my lights on (It was 20:15), i was indicating 50 yards prior to the second lane opening out and was catching you as we approached the beginning of the second lane. Why did it appear to be such a surprise to you that i pulled out into the second lane at the earliest opportunity, you hadnt even indicated but thought it ok to start moving out into the second lane :rant: . Then why did you feel the need to tailgate me all the way through Downtown and Breamore (your o/s headlight is badly out of alignment by the way). :spank: Still i did get away from you're dodgy headlight a bit sharpish when i felt it was safe to do so. Rant over.

If you see a bloke on his own around Hants, Dorset, Wilts, Berks, Bucks (yes i work across the south) in an 03 Starlight TF smiling maybe even laughing its probably me as 'Tif' makes me do that a lot. That's how i deal with the C Class drivers of this world. I know that their car is probably better than mine in many ways, but you cant have more fun & enjoyment than when you're in your F or TF (well i know you can but clothing needs to be removed in many instances :lol: ).
All work and no play just makes me grumpy
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bacchus, bryan young, PQD44, Andy Lawrence, cairnsys, Davem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150815

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Well done, life is too short to get wound up over the C Class "cockwhisks" of the world. No matter how rough my day has been two minutes down the road on a sunny day with the top down and the stereo up, the world is awesome again. :drive:

Craig
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, RU58ALL

Last edit: Post by bacchus.

Re:Re: Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150821

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
MG F / TF - the solution to automotive boredom!
It feels guilty having this much fun for such a small outlay, but don't shout too loud about it, they'll all want one and prices will go up.

Great read RU58ALL, thanks for sharing your run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RU58ALL

Re:Re: Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150824

Great post RU58BALL :yesnod:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Robin ;)

Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150825

I nominate RU58BALL for post of the week!! :clap:
Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!

Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150826

Yes, :yesnod: and if his post wins he will be sent an imaginary award of an extremely valuable but unknown type. :broon: To vote for this post, just forward your bank details to:-
TBar moneymaking(scam) division, Millionaire's Way, Accra, Ghana. ;)
David
:shrug:

Today's Drive 9 years 6 months ago #150881

:drive: YES THERE ARE PLENTY OF IDIOTS ON ROAD,,,,,,,I PACKED IN MY DRIVING JOB 6 YEARS AGO HAS IT WAS DRIVING ME MAD.................BUT I GET GREAT PLEASURE IN DRIVING THE MG..............NEVER BEEN ONE FOR WAVING MUCH ......A NOD OF THE HEAD IS MY CUP OF TEA..............PASSING A MGB ON THE ROAD THIS WEEKEND WE BOTH SMILED AND NEARLY BURST INTO LAUGHTER HAS WE PASSED................DONT GET ANY OF THAT WHEN DRIVING THE RENUALT...............I FIND MY SELF DRIVING AT A MORE RELAXED PACE..........THE MG APPEARS FASTER THAN THE SPEEDO ACTUALLY READS.........................ITS MADE ME FEEL YOUNGER.........THOUGH THE VIEW IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR MIGHT BRING THAT BACK TO REALITY............ENJOY CLEANING THE MG MORE...........NEVER BOTHERED WITH THE OTHER CARS I HAD.....JUST NIPPED THEM INTO THE NEARESt AND CHAPEST CAR WASH.....................THE MG HAS TO HAVE A FULL VALET BEFORE GOING OUT.........AND THE GARAGE SHELF HAS BEEN INVADED BY CLEANING PRODUCTS............HAVE I BEEN MGed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT