Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150369

I been doing bits and bobs to my F getting it ready to un sorn and get on the road again and have the SRS light on.
Now the drivers seat has always been a bit temperamental with the SRS light coming on now and then but usually a quick move forward and back of the seat and its off but today it just staying on I powered down the car and cleaned the contacts but still on. I have ordered a new pre tensioner will this do the trick ???? any help would be great

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sherwood0_8.

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150380

It's usually either the plugs under the seat or the rotary coupler behind the steering wheel.
I replaced my plugs with bullet connectors and the problem went away.
Check the fuse too. On my car it's the lonely fuse on the left of the fusebox under the steering wheel.

David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping, Bob, sherwood0_8

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150387

Thank you I will check fuse first thing in the morning

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150390

I've solved the same problem twice by replacing the control unit located in th centre console area ,,on 2 different cars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, sherwood0_8

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150400

Is that a srs control unit ?? is that in the main console part number if I need to replace ?? cheers

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150401

Thank you David, that is a good diagram to have for reference. I believed that the Yellow SRS fuse should not be removed without first discharging the system?????

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150435

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Is that a srs control unit ?? is that in the main console part number if I need to replace ?? cheers

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150456

Well its not the fuse is that SRS module in the centre console bottom under cubby hole???

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150459

yes thats where it is ,possible to remove the foot well kick plates and twisty fingers get it out ,but if you have a spare srs unit it can be plugged in in situ before removing the origional for testing purposes ,if you were closer to me you could of tried mine out
The following user(s) said Thank You: sherwood0_8

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150524

All fixed sorted Very Happy chap now I was changing a control unit behind the fuse bored and figured out whilst I had my tools out would have a look at SRS wiring all seemed to be ok so popped off the Air bag and the connection behind pushed in quite a bit so must have been that loose plug pushed back in after a quick blow inside to remove any dust fired her up and now no SRS
light :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsmgf

SRS LIGHT OF DEATH 9 years 7 months ago #150540

:broon:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.975 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT