Sign In   Register

Topic

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #154477

Sorry, I've been a bit quiet, I know! Loving the new layout on here!

It's been a hectic end of the year, sorting out Christmas and having the flu hasn't helped!

We've got loads going on in 2015 such as our smiles-per-gallon test (sorry), track days, public votes, hill climbs, ARDs tests, WAG test (yes, boyfriends and husbands will be invited too) and loads more..

In the mean time, some of the drivers are doing little updates on their cars. Here's Duncan, with some bits he's 'fixed' on the MX5!

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/car-reviews-news-blogs/

And don't forget, episode 1 is out here:

The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #154563

Don't tell Duncan but his Sony head unit only needed resetting and the demo mode cancelling. If disconnected from the power they by default go into demo mode. With luck and a following wind will be around Gatwick/Crawley third week in January. Am awaiting confirmation about dads respite care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155021

Don't tell Duncan but his Sony head unit only needed resetting and the demo mode cancelling. If disconnected from the power they by default go into demo mode. With luck and a following wind will be around Gatwick/Crawley third week in January. Am awaiting confirmation about dads respite care.

Sorry, got caught up with a very busy Xmas.

Hopefully see you in the next few weeks then, that would be great!!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155022

So, our next event is this weekend (Saturday, to be exact). We're doing an MPG test, by doing a run from Cobham Services on the M25 up to the NEC in B'ham. It's a good 100 miles, mostly motorway, and we'll be getting points based on our MPG over the journey.

We've been tracking the cars (except the S2000) on Fuelly over the last months to see what they average out at (mixed driving) so that gives us some idea of how we might do..

What do you think, is my current average about right, should I expect something like that for the event?

As a treat we're going to the Autosport International show at the NEC, anyone else going?

Also, if you havent watched Episode 1 yet (and why would you, as I've not been in it :)), we have cut it in two smaller clips, to make it easier to watch, on the go..

They're both about 5 mins long now..

Let me know what you think :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155026

Sorry cannot be at the NEC due to my coming south the later this month cannot afford to attend. To be honest the ticket prices are a bit steep too. "Blue 33" is also booked in for a Dyno/Rolling road test on Monday morning which has to be paid for.

Have a good time though and I would expect you fuel consimption to drop a bit on the motorway drive. If it does not then perhaps the F could do with a service. I expect "Blue 33" to do better on the trip south and over the few days am down expect to have to fill up once. Gatwick is about 190 miles from here and by the time I catch up with old friends expect to cover about 600 miles by the time I get home again. Am staying with a freind in Crawley whislt down. Main reason is a friends 60th celebration.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155027

That is not good fuel economy. I average 35mpg around town and get over 40 on a motorway run.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155028

No, fair enough :) She does need a service!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155074

I WON!!!!!!!! I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!!

45.3 mpg!!!!!

I get 100 points!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, cairnsys

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155076

Nice one! :broon: I knew you'd get better fuel consumption. 45 is excellent :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155188

Well done indeed........... :clap:

Did you get her serviced?

I will try to see what consumption "Blue 33" does on her trip south.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155210

I WON!!!!!!!! I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!!

45.3 mpg!!!!!

I get 100 points!!!!

You must have had the roof up with that mpg? Well done though. :woohoo:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 3 months ago #155261

Oh yes!

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT