Sign In   Register

Topic

My village is fighting... 9 years 8 months ago #147270

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Thanks for the support guys.
If I may I will copy your reply to our village coordinator, Brian. It expresses a lot of truths that are being conveniently glossed over.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My village is fighting... 9 years 8 months ago #147283

I'm not a massive fan of wind turbines and we have a few in this part of the world. I think offshore farms are reasonably OK - you wouldn't see them half the time in Pembrokeshire anyway because it rains so much!

What I do not understand is why the government do not sponsor a barrage scheme in the Severn estuary. It has a huge tidal range and the impact would be fairly minimal. OK, a few (probably tens of thousands) wading birds would have to relocate but they did so very happily when the Cardiff Bay Barrage was constructed so I don't see it has a huge issue. Obviously the cost of such a venture would be HIGH but the benefits could be enormous for donkeys years to come. I'd suggest much more beneficial than High Speed Rail links (further debate, which I'll stay out of as there's no benefit to Wales)..

I remember crossing the Rance barrage near St Malo about 30 years ago and that is a successful electricity generating project still as far as I know. Why can't we so similar things in GB?
Robin ;)

My village is fighting... 9 years 8 months ago #147296

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Dragons Den idea...

Quick get it patented...

Field of cows with methane extracting device tunnelled into a generator as a fuel source.

Job done.

Lots of cows farting away in the world, lets make use of em first before eating them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul1966

My village is fighting... 9 years 8 months ago #147307

Lots of cows farting away in the world, lets make use of em first before eating them.

I'll never be able to view beef in quite the same way again! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

My village is fighting... 9 years 8 months ago #147308

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
To be honest cows are extremely lucky to see a field these days. Most of the dairy herds around us are kept inside all year around and fed silage.
Farmer speak {Much more efficient for me and **** to the animals welfare!}
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

My village is fighting... 9 years 8 months ago #147319

we have luverly limosan light brown cows, together with the fly's everywhere.
either that or Sunflowers,
windmills are 15 miles away, thank goodness just bloody tractors every few months non stop.
I haven’t lost my marbles they are in a bag somewhere

My village is fighting... 9 years 4 months ago #153810

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Well after arriving home from my trip down south, I have been working non stop! I found that the turbine company had submitted their application to the council and I had to prepare my part of the group objection as well as send in my own personal objection. We only have 21 days from the date of submission. This meant I had to read and absorb the many documents of the application quickly.
I have been able to highlight at least 20 inaccuracies and contradictory statements (read lies) within their documents! The push is now on to get as many objections into the council as possible. If you would like to join our list of objectors then this link takes you directly to the relevant page.

EDC Planning

It's a simple matter of clicking on objection and supplying name address and email. Simply write 'I object.' in the comments box and submit. If you wish you can add your own comments but the important part is to click objection.
I couldn't possibly say that if you copied your objection comments here that I would look at the best 6 and be grateful. That would be grossly improper, wouldn't it? I'd be a mug to do anything like that... :whistle:

I really would be grateful for any help on this, but will not hold it against you if you don't...much! ;)
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Corrected info -Thanks FBOG!

My village is fighting... 9 years 4 months ago #153811

If you don't add a comment it refuses to be submitted and...be careful..coz when it refuses the submission it also turns the objection to a comment..you may not notice this after you have entered the mandatory comment!
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

My village is fighting... 9 years 4 months ago #153812

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Ooh thanks for that. :yesnod: My objection was extremely long and detailed so I didn't realise that a comment was compulsory. Of course 'I object' is a comment.
I will amend the above, thanks David.
David

My village is fighting... 9 years 4 months ago #153844

Objection submitted with comments inc.

My village is fighting... 9 years 4 months ago #153850

It could be worse. :yesnod:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate