Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 11 months ago #141952

Its on all the time even with key out I have taken the switch out save it running battery down any ideas ??? I have a replacement relay might pop it in later if I have chance
:omg: :omg: :omg:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 11 months ago #141954

The relay should only be energised when the oil pressure switch is reading pressure so that the HRW only works when the engine is running, my guess is the oil pressure switch has stuck open allowing the relay to be on all the time. Might be worth checking the oil light is on with the ignition on and the engine off.

The quick remedy is to pop the relay but I'd be checking the oil pressure switch, especially as this can effect other systems with in the ECU.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, sherwood0_8

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 11 months ago #142074

ok how to I check replace is this a easy job to do cant say I even Know where it is located???

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 11 months ago #142075

It should be a simple spanner out/spanner in job but I suspect it will be only accesable from the engine cover.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 11 months ago #142099

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Unless I'm missing the point here, you need to establish whether there is 12V being presented to the HRW elements or whether the fault is the indication circuit only.

The HRW itself is only energised when the motor is running, not just when ignition is energised as with most cars that are not designed and built by Brummies.

If there is 12V at the rear window terminals when the key is out there is a hard fault.
If not it is an indication fault.

Stuff a meter into the terminals and measure with Ign off.

Let us know your findings.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 11 months ago #142140

The plug has power all the time I changed the switch and the new one was lit up all the time even with keys out random any ideas I haven't had time to pop the relay out not sure where the oil pressure switch is to check or replace ????? I have just disconnected the switch for now so its not lit up all the time

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 7 months ago #147947

Hey everybody....just wanted to know if you still have the same problem. i.e. is your HRW on all the time.

I had the same problem and after extensive troubleshooting and wiring checks (thanks to http://www.mgfcar.de/schedules/ and attached) the problem was with the Multi-Function ECU. This is the box mounted behind the fuse box with the part number YWC104500.

It seems that the relay for the HRW is powered from this box, (pin 4 from memory of the big plug). The problem for me was this box had failed and was constantly supplying 12V...even with the key out of the ignition (same as your defect). The light in the HRW switch is just the tell-tale to tell you that 12v is being supplied to the HRW...that is why it stays on all the time.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, PQD44, Leigh Ping, Davem, sherwood0_8

Last edit: Post by Glenn de France.

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 7 months ago #147948

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 6 months ago #150260

Hello sorry for the Very slow response Glen I never did get round to sorting it out were you having problems with your battery draining from this I have a feeling that it is the same problem you had is the Multi-Function ECU right under the fuse box if so will try get it sorted soon I want to get the old girl back out and about.

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 6 months ago #150506

Yes the battery does drain down with this defect...it was a problem the previous owner had when I bought the car. His solution to the HRW light on all the time was to simply pull out the fuse. :slapme:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sherwood0_8

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 6 months ago #150525

Just changed the Multi-Function ECU and HRW light is off and all seems back to normal and WHAT a easy fix it was too THANK YOU EVERY ONE :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I can give her a nice wash and polish now as a treat for being an easy fix

Hard top heated window light on all the time 9 years 6 months ago #150541

:broon:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT