Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Launch of MG3 10 years 3 weeks ago #141019

Nice to hear another one purchased Barry :broon:
There was a red one in the service shop having its pdi yesterday another white one with a sold in window,along with the one we had and a blue one sold when we went back to collect ours could a revival be on the cards?
I did a few enquirys before purchasing ours apparantly there are no recall problems and some staff at longbridge are on 7 days.
What colour have you had did you stay away from the personalised stripes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Launch of MG3 10 years 3 weeks ago #141071

She's gone for the flat white colour. We've avoided the dealer decal packs as the car will be a marked up ADI car. We're having a play on what can be done neatly (she's on her third car and we've a theme / brand of sorts) but it's probably going to be Martini strips on the right and something on the side not dissimilar to the BTCC but with less words and clearer L plates. Of course she will change her mind totally.

Looks like collection is next Thursday (ish) or so - the dealer is rubbish at managing new cars - all they have sold in the past is used. But they are trying. He-Man dual controls are booked...

Launch of MG3 10 years 4 days ago #142069

Two weeks on - it's chocked up 1,200 miles and been on three tests (two passes) and the learners absolutely love it, as do the examiners. The boss really enjoys the drive between the lessons and as it's a bigger car she can spend more at Costco :( Keep your eyes out in the Milton Keynes/Northampton/Leighton Buzzard triangle :)

Apparently the engine is loosening up nicely...

Re:Launch of MG3 10 years 3 days ago #142123

Having seen here close up last week I can say for sure that she looks even better in the flesh (or should that be metal?)

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryD

Re:Launch of MG3 9 years 7 months ago #149008

Finally got me hands on the MG3 the bank holiday,Wife only put 3000 miles on it and no problems to report.
She was the nominated driver for the weekend in North Wales and I gave it a drive on the journey home.Comfortable enough to drive,but after taking a bit of a scenic route home some of the welsh B road Hills I normally take for granted in me normal drives was more than a laboured struggle for the MG3.
All said and done it is normally used around town and for the purpose it serves and price my wife is very happy with it,
Also the same run to North Wales in my cars normally costs around £70,it cost £30 in the MG3

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Launch of MG3 9 years 6 months ago #151111

I finally got to see a MG3 yesterday when the new dealer in Paisley brought one to the GOTC. I was impressed. The car does look much better in my eyes in the metal than in print and quite distinctive. It was a top spec with leather but still under £11K so price should be a big selling factor - the amount of kit for the cash is impressive. More impressive though was the packaging. A lot of space for a small hatch. The fit and finish looked easily as good as most other small hatches and the engine bay is rather nice and you can actually see the engine and gearbox rather than a load of plastic covers. Is it a real MG? That's a difficult question to answer but it does have significant British input to the design and engineering and even the final assembly of the European models and while the plant at Longbridge will never return to its previous size, MG is still providing a good number of jobs at home so I'd say the car is well worth a look if you want a smallish hatch back.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT