Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #127841

MG3 for sale from this monday,MG UK having a promo at butlins skegness this weekend,hopefully sell better than the MG6 and encourage some more main dealer franchises to open.From £8399 new for a base entry 5 door not pocket money but for a new car not to be scoffed at.48.7mpg Group 4E Insurance,ideal for younger drivers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Baird

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128014

I can't help but think the MG3 would make a great 'funky' convertible...

Could be way much better than anything else on the market in that class if done right ;)

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128015

I just think it is really strange to see a company pretending to be MG and they don't have a roadster in their lineup. :tapfoot:
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128021

MG didn't have a roadster in the line up from the end of production of the MGB in 1980 for 13 years until the RV8 came out in 1993, so there's plenty of time yet B)

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128023

They need to get some T V ads so other than mg people know they are out there
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128113

They need to get some T V ads so other than mg people know they are out there

Yes a bit of PR marketing needed,the fleet street critics already putting dampers on it,i just read some of the write ups online including,Richard Hammonds.There opinions,nice handling with a engine that is underpowered.

The ZR in 1.4 guise as nice handling but at 103hp underpowered,The 1.4 still sold in the thousands and MG ROVER at least had a a couple of engine power outputs choices plus the very good diesel.

The MG3 It only as one engine Option a petrol 1.5 105 bhp,and all appear to be manual.
Now for the money i would consider one for the wife or me daughter,plenty of airbags,but the market for fuel fools like me would probably also like to have the option a 160-200BHP model,that would obviously have a higher premium.
Mini,ford,vauxhaull,renault etc the majority of manufacturers competing in the B class have one.
This is MG so where is the sportier option?

I am assuming this cheap entry price & model is a test of the water dipping the toes and i am hoping if enough sold a sportier version may be introduced.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128115

MG didn't have a roadster in the line up from the end of production of the MGB in 1980 for 13 years until the RV8 came out in 1993, so there's plenty of time yet B)

After the close of Abingdon the 80s was hot hatch time,nobody wanted a new Mg roadster the market was flooded with used MIDGET AND MGB.
I never have drove a MG MAESTRO turbo but the nasp 2.0 EFI MAESTRO for me was awesome for that era,the torque was good for that period.

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128135

As the advert for the Maestro said at the time, 'The Golf GTI will be along in a second'. Yes the Maestro was quicker than the Golf.

Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!
Attachments:

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128154

I was a passenger in one on Sat at Oulton surprising how roomy it was, & the car had done 168 thousand kilometres!!!!!

Launch of MG3 10 years 7 months ago #128180

Again these cars maestro etc never had the aggressive marketing of ford Vauxhall etc
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Launch of MG3 10 years 3 weeks ago #140974

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Went to www.hoptongarage.co.uk this morning to collect a ex demo with 750 miles it is currently for sale on ebay.

I Intended to buy for my wife for her birthday.
Change of plans on arrival as the stickers was not to her liking.After a test drive ended up purchasing a new arctic white one model.Was very suprised with the legroom and handling and think the press reviews are a little harsh.
I opted for the 3 form sport minus the stickers,the wife didnt like them.
Popped back this afternoon where the car was by this time registered on the road.
Very pleased with the service at hoptons would recommend them.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell, BarryD

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Launch of MG3 10 years 3 weeks ago #141010

We are picking one up next week for my wifes Driving School. :woo2: I get to play in it for three or four days until it's sign written and then I shan't be allowed near it. Apparently I (moi?) am too much of a driving hooligan and only pay lip service to speed limits to drive her working car LOL .

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.002 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT