Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How to- change a reverse light switch 11 years 5 months ago #81477

Ok folks one of the small annoyances on my new "F" was the lack of reverse lights ...heres how to sort

First of all visually check the bulbs , you wouldnt be happy to do the following and then discover it was just dead bulbs :lol:

1/ find the connectors for the reverse light switch , these sit on top of the gearbox

unplug both connections (1 is male , the other female )
Bridge the connections using a spare piece of wire (I had a spare pare of connectors so i joined them and used these to bridge the connection

bridged !

BIngo ! reverse lights make a welcome re-appearance thus confirming the switch is fubar'd

Ok haul your erse under that car after taking the usual precautions ie axle stands ! and identify the reverse light switch , its a 19mm bolt on the front face of the gearbox with 2 wires coming out of it

undo it and bin it
OK heres the replacement souced from a diseasel rover 45 in the local scrappy , all pg1 boxed rovers use the same switch afaik but those with an R65 or the later ford box dont

screw it into the box (leave the wires unplugged and twist them in the same direction every couple of turns of the switch , once the switch is in tight feed the 2 wires up the front face of the box and let the connectors rest on top of it , jump out from under the car and use your magic contorting hands to reach in and plug them back into the connectors on the car .

Cross your fingers , stick the car in reverse and stand back admiring your handiwork !

Job done ! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, bryan young, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by amtcoupe. Reason: defeating the ghey swear filter that wont let you use a word that begins with A and ends with SS

Re: How to- change a reverse light switch 11 years 5 months ago #81478

Much obliged. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT