Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152031

Hi in the front boot there is a plastic panel which covers the washer bottle etc.
Does anyone have the retainer clips/screws that holds the panel in place.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152039

Is this the screw you mean? The one that splays out when you screw it in?

Pic Courtesy of 'Broon' Iain Brown'. :broon:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: david1926

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152041

:drive: Yes the ones you mean,have a plastic crosshead screw which expands the insert fitted first into the panel......called scrivets..........i have a brand new box of them :woo2: how many are there on the panel ........your answer saves me going outside to check my panel :whistle: these scrivets are used elsewhere such has engine splash covers etc................they are available in several sizes............the ones i have and ive used them on the engine splashcovers are for a 10mm hole
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152043

Aside from the one pictured there are 4 plastic nuts which require a 10mm socket,Two located in the bottom of sparewheel tub,you will need to remove the spare wheel to get to them, and a further two on the Driver side.Look to the drivers side of the plastic panel the threads for the plastic nuts are visible.

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152045

These are used all over...

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-DBP5563

:yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152050

Not trying to contradict ,just going over as i previously explained as it is correct.The scrivet is only used in the top right hand cover as pictured by Leigh.
The rest of the underbonnet cover is fixed by 4 plastic nuts that require a 10mm socket to remove.The part number for these is CYH10001 readily available at brown & gammons & rimmerbros,hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152052

Sorry my bad...I meant that the scrivets are used in a lot of places including that one place....didn't explain clearly...
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152054

Yep that's the panel.
The panel on mine is totally loose so will need all the fixers

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152059

I bought a few from Rimmers. It's nice to have spares as they seem to vanish when removed.
There is no need to fit the bottom two nuts to the cover as it stays securely in place without them.
Neither of my MGFs had them when bought.

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152068

I just used a nut and bolt I had in my garage for the one in the picture :broon:
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152071

My F and TF have not had the plastic nuts on the the lower studs from when I got them - just assumed they were all just pushed over! Only the top two nuts and the scrivet ever seem to be there... now I have to go to the shed and find some nuts!

Re:front boot plastic panel screws 9 years 5 months ago #152168

I bought some scrivets off ebay. Sorry mot got a link, it was a while ago. If u take the dimensons from the one u take out u can work out which one u need. They were soooo much cheaper than rimmer ones and just as good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david1926

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT