Sign In   Register

Topic

list of parts needed if anyone can help? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148829

UPDATED 31/8/14

Hello,

Bought my first mgf, a '98 1.8i in flame red, R reg.

List of parts needed if anyone has any of these lying around...
Wind stop / deflector
Manual wing mirror handle and rubber gaitor
Heater resistor
door cards
tonneau cover
alloy wheel centre cap
Silver side air vents

thats all i can think of for now, most of this is cosmetic stuff but things i would like to change none the less. I live in the south west so happy to pay for postage unless your local.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Sithmaull.

list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148830

Thats quite a big list considering you just bought it mate.
Where all these bits damaged or missing??

Theres a company called mgf/tfbitz that could possibly help you??

If not try ebay bud

list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148834

Welcome.

Whereabouts in the South-West are you I'm in Camelford, Cornwall.
I have both Black & Beige sun visors with the usual broken pin. You may be able to salvage something from them. Not looking for any money so FOC if we can arrange a meeting to collect.
Also, or for the forum etc, I have a pair of MGF headlights which have the usual misty/fogging on the dipped beam. Free to good home if you want to play with them. Postage only requested.
Enjoy your car and I hope you find all your parts.

BTW Rezpack do a do it yourself or exchange resistor pack. Google should help.
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue.

list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148835

:welcome: from another South West member, located at Woodcombe just outside Minehead.

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148837

Think I have some good beige visors, door cards and speakers grills. I'll check

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148854

Hi all,

Im just near Exeter.

All of the parts i have already on the car but they are either worn or broken or scratched in some way.

Im trying to restore it as best as i can with a few light mods along the way. Mechanically the car is sound but the bodywork and trim needs a little tlc as its just worn out. For example, the steering wheel is very worn out, all of the leather has crumbled away. The drivers sun visor i found in the boot but is missing the flap and the bracket has snapped, the the gear knob i just hate as its a shiny black plastic thing that is also quite worn out, etc etc. Basically everything just needs replacing to make it look fresher inside. Ive got my eye on a number of ebay items but thought you guys might appreciate the cash more.

Aedlin - What style are the door cards and how much would you like? Can you send a picture? Can transfer cash across.

Shutts - Black sun visors? perfect thanks! How much would postage be? Again, happy to transfer cash across to you.

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148856

My sun visor flaps are in the glove box the first time I pulled it down it fell off like wise with the passenger side one so I just chucked them out the way.

There's a few black leather seats goin cheap on ebay at the moment aswell if that's something that ticks the boxes for you it might be worth a look

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148859

Ah, leather! trying to avoid this as im not really very keen on leather seats plus i have a dog and from past experience, leather and claws are a good mix. Thanks for the help though, its always appreciated.

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148877

I'll check out postage tomorrow. You may want to consider the Alfa GTV sun visor replacement mod. That's Why mine are available.
I'll PM you when I know the cost. Shutts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sithmaull

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148878

Thats great, many thanks. Do you also have the brackets to go with them? If not im sure i can find some from ebay as a last resort.

Re:list of parts needed if anyone can hrlp? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148884

Yes brackets as well. I have both black and beige. 1 pin on each broken, but if you a complete one on your car that should do the trick. Just checked e bay no black alfa visors listed at present but hang in they do exist.

list of parts needed if anyone can help? mgf '98 9 years 7 months ago #148887

Hi, that would be super, thanks! The passenger one is all there and not broken, the drivers one is totally knackered which seems to be a common thing. As we said, let me know postage and i'll wing some money across to you. :woo2:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shutts

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT