Sign In   Register

Topic

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153461

Ooh - they just plug in? The ad says they don't!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153463

Adam the early TFs share the same fusebox,the lucas one from the mgf.The wiring loom will not fit into this fusebox.

In 2003 the fusebox was changed smaller bladefuses and wired directly into shell loom apposed to the old one which was plugged into loom.
The wiring loom does plug into this fusebox as pictured.

Attachments:

Re:LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153465

Ooh cool. Now I'm more tempted! Mine is a 53 reg.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re:LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153466

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
If you do get it, Would be handy if you could do a pin out map.
I've got the instruments but no loom

Last edit: Post by psymon.

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153477

Will do - knowing my luck though I'll either forget it finishing or get outbid! Worse if it's just bought by someone as a 'spare' - all cool stuff should only be sold to modders! LOL

I'm trying to find a cheap but decent ZR Facelift Dash complete. I want to merge the centre console area and the new round vents in to a TF dash panel, then cover in leather matching mine. Other option of course is if the dash fits width-wise and then I can just trim it which would be easier! Just missed one on Facebook for £60 ..... there's an eBay one for £99 but that's a lot for a project that involves possibly cutting up a hundred quid of dash!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153478

Will do - knowing my luck though I'll either forget it finishing or get outbid!

Try this...
http://hammersnipe.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm
I use it all the time for those must have auctions....when it's not a BIN!... :yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #153897

Well the instrument panel went above my limit so after some online scouring ..... I've got one coming on Friday hopefully - and for the princely sum of £50!

They don't have the wiring loom part, which is a bit of a pain. However I have spoken to a guy who has bought a load of bits from the Chinese factory where the TF was built, and should be having looms in the new year if I don't find one before then!

In the mean time if anyone notices an SAIC built (MG UK assembled) TF breaking let me know!

I doubt I will leave the pod standard as I like my beige internal panel on the existing one:

Not sure how the new new comes apart but it can't be much different! Probably go for LEDs too as I have tonnes of them I never used!

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #153899

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Will be wanting one of those looms to, keep me posted :broon:

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #153911

Will be wanting one of those looms to, keep me posted :broon:

Will do!

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #153951

In China they dont have the loom,enquiries have been made.It would be nice if some do turn up somewhere,there are a few clocks springing up brand new in the uk but no looms.

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #153952

In China they dont have the loom,enquiries have been made.It would be nice if some do turn up somewhere,there are a few clocks springing up brand new in the uk but no looms.

OK well I'll update everyone when I hear... this guy seems pretty sure he's got them coming.

LE Clocks 9 years 2 months ago #155177

I have telephoned a company in china who do not have the wiring harness.
I have also emailed Leoni electrical at the chinese factory,who manufactured the loom with no success but did get a reply from there uk registered office.
The representative claimed they have not made anything for mg rover since its demise in 2005.

I always thought delphi made this harness (the older type )up until mg rover closed and leoni electrical is on the loom tag,the two i had was showing manufacturing dates dated 2007 and 2008?. I Have had no response.
Leoni are a global company and i presume they are not interested in finding a handful of looms for a item they no longer make and probably cant be bothered to look in there warehouses if there are any left.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT