Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154315

Hello all,
I was totally certain I've introduced myself on this forum but when I tried to find it de search engine drew a blank..
I'm Peter 43 years aged and from Annerveenschekanaal, Netherlands and active on versatile fora under the nick Kobold.
Thirteen years ago I've had my first ride in a MGF, and ever since I'd promised myself to get myself one 'Later'
4 years ago I was surprised by the event of a small infarction due to 2 partially blocked coronary arteries, which has been solved now by the implant of 4 stents.
This was the moment I realized that 'Later, in good health and enjoyable' isn't guaranteed, thus then i've decided 'Later' is NOW!
So we went looking and bought a pre '86 Land-Rover '90 for the Misses, and 3 years ago I stumbled upon a MGF who's been taught winter is a warmed garage with a cloth draped over it, with less than 70K on it. (That has been a rude awakening)

So, what have we got: a '97 MGF VVC in British Racing Green, a Heritage hardtop in black, and a functional and original MGF CD/ radio saved from the breakers.
At 78.000 the telltales of HGF showed up and that was replaced with the timingbelt.
Last year I've added adjustable Spax dampers from Mike Satur, Lexus style smoked taillights and a vented brake kit with greenstuff pads.
there is a lot more in the box to be put on but at the moment we have a knocking issue that needs solving first

So far this introduction...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154316

Hi and welcome (belated).

as the saying goes, live for today, who knows what tommorow brings.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154318

:welcome2: Again again. :woowoo:
David
:shrug:

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154327

The best of health to you Kobold and thanks for the write up. :broon:

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154337

Hello Kobold :welcome:

Re:Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154347

Welkom Kobold. Groeten uit Rotterdam!

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154349

Great bit T-Bar :welcome:

Proper introduction.. 9 years 3 months ago #154363

I was totally certain I've introduced myself on this forum but when I tried to find it de search engine drew a blank..

I've just checked, so far all your posts have been in the Annoying Rattle thread.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT