Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Looking for a TF 9 years 6 months ago #151033

Hi guys, I've just stumbled across this forum so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm on the hunt for a TF and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for. Cheers for any guidance you can supply.
regards
Zac

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Looking for a TF 9 years 6 months ago #151034

You haven't already have a read of this page. Good luck with your hunt. :broon: :broon:

http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group1/info/MGF_buying.htm
[IMG]ht[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, zac1973

Looking for a TF 9 years 6 months ago #151040

The link posted by davem is a very good read for anyone thinking of buying an f or Tf

Other than that go for low owner numbers , full history , low millage , recently serviced , long mot and tax , matching tyres all round - all of this will pretty much guarantee a well looked after car ... Miss matched tyres are my pet hate it just stands out to me that there either fitting the cheapest tyre. They can get or worst still .... Part worns which is to methe car has been run on a shoe string and not looked after.

Receipts or proof that the head gasket has been replaced with an updated type and that the water pump and cambelt wee changed at the same time.

Under floor stainless coolant pipes are also worth looking for.

And finally DONT FORGET TO GET A HPI REPORT done before you part with your hard earned cash ....I still cant believe people still take the risk!! My text check costs 3 quid !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zac1973

Looking for a TF 9 years 5 months ago #151283

ITS not unusual to find low mileage tfs........as some of them are pamperd pets for summer use.........mine as 40,000 on it ........... its a 2004 and history backs it up,last owner doing about 400 miles a year on last 2 years of ownership..........myself only taking it out in sunny wheather........i myself..reached a wopping 600 miles in the 12 months ive owned it

Looking for a TF 9 years 5 months ago #151285

Mines a 2003 with full docuented history of 35000 miles so there definatly around

Looking for a TF 9 years 5 months ago #151398

:yesnod: if your thinking of driving your mg all year round,,,,,buy one with a hard top..........it seems like having 2 cars in one...........And the later models had better emissions...........cheaper roadtax..................

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT