Sign In   Register

Topic

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #151128

Was great to meet David and James, your cars did really well. Not sure you get a mention in the blog as I don't think they got any pictures of you :( Although you did do some filming, didn't you?

Would be great to hear what you thought of the day and us, hopefully we're not too scary :)

I can't speak for James but I didn't find you too scary..the filming, yes..but not you guys...well most of you anyway. :yesnod: ...the day was pretty much as suspected ..lots of waiting around chatting with other petrol heads interspersed with periods of excitement when the cars I were interested in were dyno'd.
My figs were a tad disappointing :nonod: ..given the low mileage and some minor tweaking I was expecting to reach the factory spec 133bhp...but only managed 120..maybe the original figure was a flight of fancy...who knows?...the torque was spot on though...think I need to thrash it a bit more.. :hgf:
..and I hated Mikey's Honda Civic...pretentious little hatchback putting out that pathetic 376hbp...hated it I tell 'ee...yuk..yuk..honest..! :clap:
Glad we managed to contribute to a couple of worthy causes.. :broon:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Matthews

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #151133

The Civic wasnt my favourite either.. much too loud!

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #152291

OOOOOOOH! b/f is going to Hong Kong for a week, so he got me a present (although I would have preferred to go with him, but hey, kids and all that)..

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #152294

Now this is a complete stab in the dark but... is that an exhaust by any chance? :pop:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #152299

it might be.. and it might be the one you suggested, so thank you! :)

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #152300

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
fingers crossed you'll find something else than a vintage domestic appliance...

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 6 months ago #152305

Was great to meet David and James, your cars did really well. Not sure you get a mention in the blog as I don't think they got any pictures of you :( Although you did do some filming, didn't you?

Yeah, it was good to put a name to a face, and David and I have meet briefly already. My son and I enjoyed the day.

I was pleased with my result - 10 year old 90k MGZS180, factory figure is 175 but I managed a 177.5, the exhaust, decat and induction are the secret.

We were interviewed but I've not seen these posted and I "phone filmed" the dyno display that I may you tube at some point.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT