Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 8 months ago #146959

Hi all,

First off I would like to say thank you for all the advice I have found on this forum in the past, I have been a long time observer since I got my MG TF. You helped me through the buying process and the "tweaking to make it mine" process.

Unfortunately my time with it has been cut short due to a run in with an oil spill on a round about and a metal crash barrier.
I am absolutely heart broken however it does mean that I can start to return the favor. I have a hardtop and some other items left over that I will put up in the "For Sale" Section as I wanted to give you guys the chance first before going to e-bay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, paulsmgf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 8 months ago #146960

Sorry to hear your news. I take it the car is beyond repair not just uneconomical?

Also are you due you won't replace with another TF? Don't want to get rid of all your bits then discover you need to replaced them all...

Whatever you do though, all the best with it.

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 8 months ago #146962

Sorry to hear the bad news :nonod: Mine is currently on the driveway following HGF so I feel your pain. :slapme:

No doubt the vultures will start picking at the bits so I will kick off with PM me the details of the hard top please

The other option is to strip the good bits and invest in another F or TF, they seem to be virtualy giving them away at the moment.

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 8 months ago #146963

I have a hardtop and some other items left over that I will put up in the "For Sale" Section as I wanted to give you guys the chance first before going to e-bay.

Ouch. Glad you're ok. :yesnod:

Let the vulturing begin. :lol:

:vulture: :vulture: :vulture:

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 8 months ago #147514

Hi guys,

Thanks for your messages. I will definitely consider another TF in the future however it will have to be as a second car as the missus a little shaken up by it. So I think it will be a good few years before I can justify it.

Mickle5 - Sorry to hear about the HGF, hope you can get it sorted out soon, especially with the weather being how it is. I will send you the details of the hardtop on PM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Mickle5

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 8 months ago #147522

Sorry to read about the accident. Reassure your Mrs that the F and TF stand up well to accidents, better than a lot of cars due to the subframes (unless you were driving like a complete tool ;) )

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 7 months ago #147601

Haha, no i can guarantee i was not driving like a tool :hgf: , there was a policeman on the other side of the road to confirm that. We can have another at some point but she wanted a more practical (i.e. front wheel drive and more seats) car first. As soon as she passes her test I am having a TF back, but don't know how long that will be hence the selling of the roof.

Hello &Thanks! 9 years 7 months ago #147602

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
There is nothing practical about front wheel drive ............unless of course it's a practical joke! :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT