Sign In   Register

Topic

Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58050

I just bought a H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion KIT MG in an effort to upgrade my not so bright lights. They seemed to be a reasonable price. I'll do the 'how to' once they arrive. Hopefully they'll do the trick.

Does anybody have any thoughts or experiences, good or bad, on these setups please?

Here's the older lights. Ok when on full beam. Not so great when just on main beam. Especially in winter.

The sidelights have already been upgraded. Sidelight Bulb Changing Guide - MGTF Sidelight change and upgrade guide.

Xenon conversion pics here.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58444

You'll get Clive all upset, Leigh! You know what he's like about HIDs!:rofl:
David
:shrug:

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58446

My eyes ain't what they used to be so needs must. :P

I'll do the how to guide on returning from Cumbria. Maybe they won't be so bad with the lower end of the scale 4300k bulbs. They're like Creamy White and are what all new 'hid' equipped cars mostly use. Did you know that?

We'll see (intended). :yesnod:

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58447

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Do it

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58449

Do it

That's the plan Ben. I've already recorded some night driving in my TF to show the Elton John headlights in use (Candles in the wind). :lol: and I'll make a comparative video once the new ones are installed. I'll get my son, daughter or my good lady to drive past me the other way a few times to get their opinions too. If it turns out they're too extreme then I'll switch back and reconsider some type of different bulb upgrade.

If they do turn out ok, or better, then it may end up being a very popular 30 quid mod. I appreciate the counter arguments may come. But I'm still going to give it a try whatever now that they're paid for. Fingers crossed. :)

Attachments:

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58450

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
Blind all other drivers they do it to me all the time Karma

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58453

Nooo. I'll take them off if they're blinding. That would just invite trouble. What I will do though, is comply with the law. ;)

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58458

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
If there blinders I'll swap ya for a luxury item from the f

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58467

• Visitor
  • Visitor

You'll get Clive all upset, Leigh! You know what he's like about HIDs!:rofl:

:sofa:

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58468

F's don't have any do they? :dry:

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58477

F's don't have any do they? :dry:

Oooooh You nasty cow!

I think us F'ers have the luxury of knowing that the original is the best and that we aren't just some old facelift. So naaaaaah!

Miaooow!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, bensewell

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58519

Miaooow!!

Just kidding of course. :) I love the f's equally as much as the rest of the marque and we did have one in the family, until my daughter crashed it. There's pics of it in my album - click click.

As for the proposed new lights.. well you can see from the pic below that the 4300k bulbs (use your imagination) shouldn't dazzle too much comparatively.

Anyway, not wishing to cause any hassle, I have decided not to fit this mod to my car after all. But, seeing as I have it coming, I will show how to put it on prior to immediately removing it forever and ever. Amen. ;)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT