Sign In   Register

Topic

MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31813

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
A little research reveals the current status (as of 25 October 2012) of the 30 Vintage Racing cars produced;

25 of the original 30 are now accounted for and in use and unless otherwise indicated the cars are in France

This list will be updated whenever new information is found, so if you are interested check back from time to time :thumbsup:

1: Now with its 6th owner (satanas06). Sold for € 12,900 in early 2011 with 48,000km on the clock. Then again in Sept 2011 was advertised with 55,000km on the clock having had the timing belt and water pump changed at 50,000 kms. The asking price then was € 13,500. Reg No 8794 YD 84 or in a photo from when it was for sale once AG 404 WW.
It is thought to be the car exhibited at the Salon de l'Automobile in Paris in October 2004, however, I have heared some discussion of this, as photographs of the stripes on the car at the exhibition do not appear to match exactly the stripes on this car.

2: Owned since new by Jean Marc ( a recent new member of the T-Bar :thumbsup: ) in Marignane, South of France. Registration number 550 AJL 13

3: With the 2nd owner (bruno33), repaired after crash. Was originally owned by the commercial director of MG France. Partial Reg No 47 *** 92

4: With 4th owner (Game's)

5: Owned from new by (mgvr5), Reg No. 54 AMG 34

6: Apparently with the original owner, located in Andernos, Bordeaux, France

7: Located in Sweden with its 2nd owner Hakan. Has had its stripes re-painted :woohoo: Was Reg No. BGZ 531 before it acquired the fantastic plate VINTAGE :thumbsup:

8: Located in Switzerland with the original owners the Duchesse Brothers.

9: No information at present

10: With the 4th owner. When it was for sale in October 2011, in 77680 Roissy-en-Brie, it was fitted with Matt Black LE 500 Alloys. Registration Number 6656 XB 28

11: 3rd owner (VR11/30) Registration number 6487 GV 09

12: With 3rd owner. It now has Lambo-style doors B)

13: No information at present

14: Located in Belgium with the 2nd owner (Emge, Marina). This is the first VR registered in Belgium. Appeared on the stand at the Paris Coupe and Convertible show March 2011. An event organized by the MGCF. Registration number JPX 997

15: With the 2nd or Possibly 3rd owner. Originally purchased by Nicolas Deslande, the MG Service Manager for France, in summer 2005 who sold it to 'a young man in the Paris area' in 2007.

16: On the 4th owner. Sold in April 2007 with 20,000km on the clock and most recently changed hands in March/April 2011

17: No information at present

18: Currently with the second owner, T-Bar member FredR34 living in Montpellier, France. The first owner was from Marseille, who bought the TF in 2005. FredR34 acquired the car in Summer 2012 which he states was in 'perfect condition.'

19: 2nd owner (Isabelle) having had the stripes re-painted :yesnod: Was for sale priced at € 17 200, in Aix-en-Provence, Mileage stated as 32,000 Km. Registration number 182 EJO 02 ( I also have a photo which identified the car as #19 with a partial registration number of *** BCF 930 ). Has had a Viper Piper Cross induction kit fitted

20: 2nd owner

21: With the 2nd or Possibly 3rd owner having had its stripes painted over :nonod:

22: With its original owner (prorio)

23: 3rd owner, having had its stripes painted over :nonod: (ackwel) Mileage early 2011 stated as 62,050 km when for sale at € 12,900. Registation number 7605 XF 72

24: With original owner

25: Back in France (was originally registration number 977 AES 69) with the 4th owner (lesomonien) having had its stripes painted over :nonod: and been away in Poland for some time (where Registration number was RDE 9L17). Covered just 10,800 km to date?

26: With the 3rd owner (Poseidon?) Was for sale in March 2009 for € 19,900 with 10500 km on the clock

27: No information at present

28: 1st (2nd?) Owner

29: No information at present

30: With the 4th owner, has had lexus style rear lights and stainless Steel free flow exhaust fitted. Located in Lorraine, France. Was for sale in Jan 2009 with 21,000 km on the clock for € 18,990. Registration number 255 CAF 57

So at present 3 of the accounted 24 cars have had their stripes removed :omg: what a tragedy :nonod:
A couple had them removed then re-applied :woohoo:

No. 7 owned by Hakan with probably the best registration plate you could have on a Vintage Racing SE :woohoo:

No. 12 Lambo-Style doors and large rear spoiler :dry:

No. 25 - Stripes removed :nonod:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bryan young, MartinW, Dieter, Leigh Ping, Tsleight, Sergi Bmw

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: updated list with FredR34 VR No. 18

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31815

Very well researched PQD!
Thanks for posting, they are super cars and I would love to own one.
At 17.000 Euros that must be the priciest F/TF on the market!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31817

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
:yesnod: Yes Rich, that's about £14,850 for a seven year old TF, but a very special one ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31819

Hello Paul, Never seen this list before, well done,..... I cant believe that the stripes would be painted over thats a disgrace...... I think really they should loose their status as "vintage Racing" what were they thinking... ? Im so pleased I did mine ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Leigh Ping

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31825

Damien, Welcome to The T-Bar!
I've enjoyed your posts and your superb photography on the other board.

Cheers,
Rich

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31826

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
:woohoo: Keep digging and you may even surprise yourself :woohoo:

I just found info from Oct this year on one of the unaccounted Vintage Racing, #6, which is with it's original owner in Andernos, Bordeaux, France.

I have updated the list in the first post of this thread so that is now 23 24 out of 30 :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31875

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

Ok , firstly Paul thanks for the very nice comments......! Ok so here are a couple of shots I took at Gaydon last year when I was having my new roof put on..... as far as I am aware there are 3 "vintage Racing" looking TF's around.... Mine in west London, Karls down in Sussex and Im not sure where the other chap is... but here they all are at Gaydon 2010

The origin of the white and blue stripes dates back to Citroen racing colours

Not the first MG to be painted this colour scheme, here is an MGA

Finally, a photo of a couple of distant relatives

I would like to include here any Photo's of Vintage Racing inspired cars, so if you couldn't resist the draw of the stripes show us what you did.

To get the ball rolling here is my slimmer inverse interpretation, I'll not put any more of mine in here you can find plenty more in the PHOTOS section

Attachments:

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31879

Well here goes, I can't say I was inspired by anyone in particular. I was at a track day and I asked my daughter to take photos of my car at speed, the only trouble was that there were four red F's on the track. When we got home and downloaded her pictures there wasn't one of my car! A few days later I went to a sign maker and we came up with this.....

The photos are on a different systym, I will try and send the best ones

Last edit: Post by andrewr.

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31880

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

....I was at a track day and I asked my daughter to take photos of my car at speed, the only trouble was that there were four red F's on the track. When we got home and downloaded her pictures there wasn't one of my car!...

:bust: Ahhh children. You think they are doing what you asked when they have the camera in their hand. I had a similar 'when I got home' moment recently

Link to the video file

Look forward to your photos :broon:

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31884

OO! A Leaf!..................................................Priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31906

From the outset I knew I wanted to have stripes on my TF but wanted it to be fairly understated so it took me a while to decide exactly what I wanted. Here's the result.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: To display photos

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #31937

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
I have now been contacted by a few Vintage Racing owners or former owners so new information is being collected on a daily basis at present.

The latest info is from the former Service Manager for France and original owner of #15 of 30, Nicolas, who has given info on the car and several photo's, a couple of which are shown here.

I have also made a new album to display the Photo's I've received or found. This can be found by clicking here

The list of cars on page 1 of this thread will be updated when ever any new information is available :thumbsup:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT